Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

STARTREK.COM's Chat room closing

I have been informed that STARTREK.COM will be closing their chat room completely.

I want to welcome all users of the STARTREK.COM Chat room to our site and invite you to use our chat room.

You will find a link to the chat room at the top right of the screen titled Trek Chat.

Here is a link to help you find the room:

STARTREKFANS.NET Chat Room

We only ask that you keep things friendly and clean and have a great time. We also invite you to look around the message board and join in on some of the great discussions we have going, or start some new ones.

Again, Welcome to STARTREKFANS.NET!

Good! I joined STARTREK.COM and went in there, I said Hello and nobody even responded. I did it a second time and 1 person responded. The people in there weren't very friendly. No offense to anyone who came here from STARTREK.COM.

Edited by Captain Holland

Hey, I don't know what time you went there, but ppl should have said Hi or hey, we normally do, it's one of the few reasons I stuck around. SHAME ON THEM IF THEY DIDN'T. We feel very welcomed by this site and hope this continues into the future!

It is a sad day in ST.com's book that they feel the need to close their open chat room and force a significant proportion of their regular viewers to other venues, this has managed to catch all us fans by surprise.

Therefore there is a huge shame on you from us refugee's to ST.com, a thank you to STF.net for their welcome and the promise of a slow but sure welcome reception from the refugees to anyone chancing on the chat room whilst we're there!

Thank you,

Uanadopted Angelic :spock:

Edited by Unadopted Angelic

hi i only found out about this site due to the fact that startrek.com's chatroom was closing, already i have found this site very welcomming and friendly, thank you :spock:

I think you'll find that many of us here are refugees from ST.COM, some of us have been here for a year some less time. Some have come from other places but the tie that binds us all together is a love of all things Star Trek.

Hey, I don't know what time you went there, but ppl should have said Hi or hey, we normally do, it's one of the few reasons I stuck around. SHAME ON THEM IF THEY DIDN'T.

If I remember right, the ones who didn't respond, weren't actually there. (Because the chatroom were filled up, and new chatters were moved to a empty place there noone others were, only their names. We used to call them ghosts. )

To Unadopted Angelic: Are you from Startrek.com? I am that too, and call myself for Borgfemale there. Do you remember me? :borgqueen:

:spock:

Good! I joined STARTREK.COM and went in there, I said Hello and nobody  even responded. I did it a second time and 1 person responded. The people in there weren't very friendly. No offense to anyone who came here from STARTREK.COM.

Who were you? just asking maybe I can clear it up.

I admit it- i frequent the lounge, but sometimes i neglect greeting people- sry! But on the positive side, the lounge may be coming back. "Indefinitely" they said, so there's no definite way to tell when it'll come back. if ever. however, it probably isnt. oh well. but at least we have this place to come to- cheers to startrekfans.net!

Hey i came from the st.com chatroom, and ill have to say some of the ppl in there wernt nice.....but a couple of them were nice....but this site is loads better, so they can shut it if they want too.

-Icanreadyourmind

Well Hello peoples, I came from St.com well in some ways didn't really chat there for a long time because people who chatted to disappeared somewhere in the galaxy so I stopped chatting then. I must say a lot of people there are friendly and a lot aren't just like the real world and you must also take in that ST.com attracted a lot of those only partial fans because it was a more direct site and so those people didn't share the love of Startrek as other people and only liked the explosions and phasers I take it and didn't really get the big picture.

ST.com does offer many good things and will continue to do so such as STSF simming, a book club, and meetings with Star Trek stars which I have been to all (except the book club don't quite know when to go there). So don't judge it on a few bad expriences its a nice site for information on trek and I love it and I hope I grab the same feeling of this site

I admit it- i frequent the lounge, but sometimes i neglect greeting people- sry!  But on the positive side, the lounge may be coming back.  "Indefinitely" they said, so there's no definite way to tell when it'll come back.  if ever.  however, it probably isnt.  oh well.  but at least we have this place to come to- cheers to startrekfans.net!

Open chat means by letting anyone in. If what I suspect we will see an invision power board like this one. The admin did say there will be more boards. I aussme that there are going to be moderated this time. Two years is long enough, I wish they'd do it on the anniversay of the original launch. I may go back but I'll see what its like before I become a regular again. I think we all should give it a chance I mean everyone. At least post there and here when it comes back. I bet the lounge will return I am very certain it will. If not I will start a campagin to get it back! It was a spam maginate because we let it we didn't ignore the spammers in the first place and look what happened. We now have nothing.

:)

I am the one that told everyone at ST.com about how the chat was closing, or they wouldnt know.

BTW, please read my posts on the discussion boards, and respond please.

You thoughts are always welcome!

Walle :) & :) Jen!

Good! I joined STARTREK.COM and went in there, I said Hello and nobody  even responded. I did it a second time and 1 person responded. The people in there weren't very friendly. No offense to anyone who came here from STARTREK.COM.

Who were you? just asking maybe I can clear it up.

CaptainHolland was my name there.

I know what you mean! I'm a refugee from startrek.com and found that people were pretty nasty.

Who was the nasty person you it was? and lt)van_roy what wrong with guns? The monkey maybe protecting itself.

No I just like guns, Van Roy is a cool cat :laugh: