Sign in to follow this  
Goose

What if Kennedy had lived and been re-elected

Stardate:213923.9

Me and my friends were talking about President Kennedy and this is one of the things we were discussing so I am gonna ask you all the same.

If the Kennedy assassination at Dallas never happened and he was re-elected(we all know it would of happened if he ran)were would our country be compared to where we are now?

Myself i think the economy would of been miles ahead of were it is now.Another thing is that our space program would be so far ahead of what it is now.I think we would of already be in the process of teraforming Mars.

What do you think?

Had he not been shot he was on the verge of impeachment, it was already in process. We may have wound up with a Nixon style constitutional crisis 10 years earlier.

His secret relationships would not have been able to be kept secret like they had been and I've seen talk that if he wasn't impeached then the affairs would have forced him to resign.

Also had he not been shot he likely wouldn't have lived much past 50 or 60 because of his health (according to "experts").

How different would we be? Well it's really hard to say, if we had never had a President Johnson then we may have never had a Vietnam. From there everything changes. Would we be better or worse off? I think things would generally be about the same.