Sign in to follow this  
Mike

STTMP Transporter FX

I watched my Star Trek TMP DVD again last night. I like that movie alot. It's different than the rest of the movies for sure. It's not all shoot em up special effects. I like how it gives each of the main characters their own entrance. Anyway, I was wondering what you all thought of the transporter FX on this movie. It certainly is different than any other movie or series. I wish I had a screen shot to share with you all but I don't. I personality like it a lot and wish we could have seen it in other movies and/or series..

What do you all think?

If I remember right, the STTMP transporter effect was a visible beam or column of light, with the transported person showing as a particle effect outline and then fading into coherence as the visible beam winked off. I remember it looked cool, but just thought that perhaps as things were upgraded into STII that the transporter would have been updated, thus new effect.

Ok, maybe ;)

If I remember right, the STTMP transporter effect was a visible beam or column of light, with the transported person showing as a particle effect outline and then fading into coherence as the visible beam winked off. I remember it looked cool, but just thought that perhaps as things were upgraded into STII that the transporter would have been updated, thus new effect.

Ok, maybe ;)

Well after what happend to Cmdr. Sonak, I can't blame them for wanting to upgrade the transporters. But the effects is pretty cool.

I remember that effect and I liked it too.  I think it was done using mirrors?  I'm not certain.

ya it was some kind of mirror effect.