Sign in to follow this  
removed

Blade Runner

Blade Runner was on TV last night. I watched it. It was pretty good. Had a very interesting story to it. The only problem I had was some parts were slow and some shots were overly long, but that's just how Ridley Scott does things. Other than that, it was a pretty good... and weird movie.

Does anyone else like this movie?

It's a sci-fi movie from the 80's about a detective (Harrison Ford) who is hired to "retire" (or in other words execute) a group of genetically designed humans called "replicants" who are made to be exactly like humans in every way except without emotions. After a few years, though, they had begun to make their own emotions, so the company that makes them made it so that they only have a 4-year life span. They are used as slaves on other worlds, and the last remaining replicants get together to get revenge on those who put them in slavery. They stole a ship and killed all 26 members of the ship, and have made it back to Earth. This is a threat, and Harrison Ford needs to retire them quickly.

I love this movie. It's based on a book by P.K.(Please stop me from cursing) called Do androids dream of electric sheep (allso Awesome) It's quite disjointed because some of the parts of the story are missing but that down to producers and the fact that some of the story is now outdated. but all in all this is an Awesome movie I've lost count of the times I've seen it and as usual Ford's performance in fantastic

I love this movie. It's based on a book by P.K.(Please stop me from cursing) called Do androids dream of electric sheep (allso Awesome) It's quite disjointed because some of the parts of the story are missing but that down to producers and the fact that some of the story is now outdated.  but all in all this is an Awesome movie I've lost count of the times I've seen it and as usual Ford's performance in fantastic

ya im going to have to read the book. and yes some of the story in the movie seemed to flow oddly, but it was still good.

Click for Spoiler:

but whats with the end? he looks at the oragami from that guy, remembers the oragami guy saying "she will die. but wont we all." (or something like that), and they leave. i was like, "WHAT?? TELL ME MORE!". i want to know what happens after that.

Are you shure you want to know

Click for Spoiler:

It's realy reader or watcher discretion but the main pretext the the story is all about Is Deckerd a simulant? now scott tryed to add that back in to the directors cut but the translation from the book wasent to good

Intresting (or not so interesting) fact Scott was brought up not to far from where I am now and when I'm at collage I can see the isperation for Scott city scape the towers with the plumes of flame

nice. ya i was thinking that when watching the movie:

Click for Spoiler:

how does he know HE's not a replicant

geuss i'll just have to read the book

Blade Runner rules! :lol:

I've only seen the directors cut so I really don't know how different it is from the original but for the most part the long slow shots don't bother me. In a lot of ways I miss the old more slow paced sci-fi movies. It seems like a lot of the more recent sci-fi's have lost a lot of plot and intesity to fast moving CGI effects. Did anyone bother to go see Alien when it was re-released last month? Now that's what I'm talking about...

For those who are interested the movie 'Minority Report' was also based on a book by P.K.(Please stop me from cursing) (who wrote Bladerunner)

Minority report was very losely basedon the short story of the same name but there is so much diferent in the film as to set it well and truely appart. the same is true (more so) for the shot We can remember it for you wholesale which went on to become Total Recall.

The main deferance in the directors cut was the absence on a realy bad dialouge by Ford right at the end that was forced on him by the producers.

Blade Runner rules! :lol:

I've only seen the directors cut so I really don't know how different it is from the original but for the most part the long slow shots don't bother me. In a lot of ways I miss the old more slow paced sci-fi movies. It seems like a lot of the more recent sci-fi's have lost a lot of plot and intesity to fast moving CGI effects.  Did anyone bother to go see Alien when it was re-released last month? Now that's what I'm talking about...

For those who are interested the movie 'Minority Report' was also based on a book by P.K.(Please stop me from cursing) (who wrote Bladerunner)

i didnt get around to seeing alien in theatres, but man do i love that movie. the pacing is perfect for that movie. and i just love the atmosphere.

Did anyone bother to go see Alien when it was re-released last month?

Yes, we thought the redo was not all that great quility wise, (the story was still good but we did not see an noticable change with added scenes) the picture was somewhat blurry and very jumpy, they should have re-mastered the print imo.

About Bladerunner, it's ok, hope to see the DC someday.

Did anyone bother to go see Alien when it was re-released last month?

Yes, we thought the redo was not all that great quility wise, (the story was still good but we did not see an noticable change with added scenes) the picture was somewhat blurry and very jumpy, they should have re-mastered the print imo.

About Bladerunner, it's ok, hope to see the DC someday.

You might want to check with your local theater because when I saw it the picture was pretty sharp. Also I know the added scene didn't ad that much to the movie but I did like it. More than anything it was just cool to see it in theaters (since I wasn't born yet when it came out the first time!)