Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Is UPN to blame for ENT's shortcomings?

Is UPN to blame for ENT's shortcomings?

Bakula comments

120x90.jpg

[Picture from StarTrek.Com]

Scott Bakula (Jonathan Archer) thinks so . . . . .

Click here to see a interview coming in issue 111 of Star Trek Monthly. . . .

What do you think? Do you agree with him?

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Well I think that's the main point. It comes down to money and UPN is not a very successful TV-channel (when you place it next to NCB or FOX or any of the other major networks). ENT is on UPN and because of that the viewership is probably lower then what it would be if ENT was on a bigger network --- and that hurts ENT's ratings/viewership, # of sponsors (which is very important factor because of money), and so on...

I guess one of the hypothetical questions is if ENT was on a major network (like NBC) would the quality of the show be better?

Master Q

Well I think we are seeing a quality show every week. Some episodes have a better written story than others but they all are great to watch. I don't think being on Fox or NBC would change the individual episodes but I do think that the ratings would be very different ( a lot better)if ENT were on a larger network.

Also, I do agree with Scott B. Upn's poor promotion did hurt the show in season 2.

I have to agree UPN is not everywhere like most of the other stations. I think if they would have sindicated it like they did with tng and ds9 their ratings would have been alot higher as more people would have been able to watch it. Heck I have only had upn since the last season of voyager and on that note I think voyager would have had better ratings as well.

I don't think being on Fox or NBC would change the individual episodes but I do think that the ratings would be very different ( a lot better)if ENT were on a larger network.

I know it sounds illogical, but I don't think it would help the ratings. If it were on NBC, CBS, etc, they would kill it, the fact that it is on UPN has kept it alive.

I blame UPN...

Ever since they canceled Nowhere Man back in '96 I've decidid that nothing they do makes sense. And they have yet to proove me wrong. I really wish that Enterprise was syndicated so that a good network could pick it up.

--Bumps Topic Up--

With these new rumors of the producers possibly looking for a new network to air ENT and of the recent conversation we have been having I will bump this thread up

Master Q