Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Army Basic Training

If you've ever wondered what the US Army's Basic Training is like I've encoded a video tape that was taken by the Army during my 8 weeks of basic training in 1988. This takes place from about May 28, 1988 to about July 28, 1988 (the tape says June 3 but it was really late May).

In order to be able to put this online I've had to break the video into many small files otherwise it would be one large 30mb file. The quality isn't great but you can see it. The full video is 30 minutes. I know you'll never be able to pick me out (i'm only seen in a few spots) so I'll put a few still shots of me in here too.

Each file is around 2mb or so.

Click for Spoiler:

PDVD_411.JPGPDVD_415.JPG

PDVD_427.JPGPDVD_428.JPG

PDVD_431.JPG

(I reemoved the video links for the time being due to bandwidth constraints. If anyone would like to see them please just PM me and I'll provide the links)

*hides behind fallen tree* I'm scared.

(signs some papers... Batok wakes up the next day on an ARMY base)

Hehe nice one.

I myself have done some UK basic Army training.

My computer is slow downloading the files but thats ok. I lived thru Army Basic Training, been there, done that. Fort Jackson,South Carolina.

I'll never forget it and I'll never want to do it again!

My computer is slow downloading the files but thats ok. I lived thru Army Basic Training, been there, done that. Fort Jackson,South Carolina.

I'll never forget it and I'll never want to do it again!

I had a blast in Basic, I'd even do the Gas Chamber again. We had a close relationship with our Drill sergeants, in fact if you see the video (Part 4 specifically) you will see us lifting our Drill Sgt over our heads in celebration of our platoon winning a competition at the obstacle course.

The food was good, the friendships were great and the experience was life changing. Other then a lack of sleep and a lot of push ups I can't think of anything negative.

My company was Color Company, (Navy :laugh: NTC Great Lakes) we were excused from doing the gas chamber right before we were supposed to go in.  :laugh:

That was quite an experience being gassed, no one told me not to touch my eyes after I got out of the chamber so when I rubbed my burning eyes I just rubbed more CS into them and made it worse! LOL