Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Best Trek

What series of Trek do you think is the best?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What series of Trek do you think is the best?

• Star Trek (TOS)
    • Star Trek The Next Generation
    • Star Trek Deep Space Nine
    • Star Trek Voyager
    • Enterprise

Ok I know what you will all say: "We love them all". But you must have one that you like or watch the most. Mine has to be TOS because it had great scripts, even if the look of the show was not always realised. TNG comes second place, then Enterprise, Voyager and finally DS9.

So what do you think?

Ok I havn't seen much of anything besides TNG but I have read stuff about the other shows and I pick TNG thats the one I became obsessed with first.. :wow:

all hail Bev!! :wow:

I'm a TNG fan through and through. IMO it is one of the best series in television history not only Trekdom. Every aspect from writing, acting, special effects, etc clicked in this series. You can count the number of "bad" episodes on one hand. And even the bad episodes wouldn't be considered bad if so much of TNG wasn't superior to the usual drivel on television. :wow:

Enterprise is definitely my second favourite. It keeps getting better and better!!!

Edited by Takara_Soong

Guest Ktrek

I voted for DS9. It's a close call for me between DS9 and TNG but DS9 dealt more with societal issues and made me think more. TNG was just more or less the alien of the week show. They did some thought provoking shows but not like DS9 did.medium-smiley-089.gif

Ktrek

On different threads I have voted for DS9 and TNG but for me TOS is ALWAYS a given. TOS is the mother of them all and no series which comes after can ever again have the life altering (hehe, get it.) effect on my life as TOS did. :wow:

I voted for Deep Space Nine.

As I have said on another board...Deep Space Nine was an Underappreciated Masterpiece Of Television.

And even non-Star Trek Fans could like it...because it was as Treky as Star Wars is , IMO

TNG would be my second pic

Next Generation. Aside from teh reasons mentioned here and in the other board, TNG had it all (plus one very big added bonus...wait for it....Data. Bet you didn't see that one comming.)

I really do love them all but of them I believe DS9 was the best. I can watch and re-watch the entore series over and over and never get tired of it.

DS9... I have a thing for story arcs and I really, really like Garak, Dukat, and Martog.

Also, as much as Picard owned, my favorite Captain is Sisko... he is just plain badass.

I think that TNG is the best series of ST because it has the best ‘most fundamental element’ . . . . the stories. I don’t think any of the other series match the well written stories of TNG. TNG really lifted ST to its height. It was one of the most watched TV shows (and during that time the most watched 1-hour TV show) which I think shows how great it was. It was a deep show if you really watched closely and its interweaving with the ST Universe is ‘paramount’. Well I could go on, but it really comes down to personal tastes.

I’m tried (sorry for any grammatical errors from the result of being tried) and so I’m logging off for today

I’ll see everyone Saturday!

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I have to go with TNG. Picard is easily my all time favorite Star Trek character. I think DS9 could be my favorite but I haven't seen enough of it to really say. It was TNG that got me hooked on Trek. TOS is also really great, just not my favorite.

lol Shinzonfan! Tng was amazing. Then VOY, then DS9 and TOS tied!! then ENT. I won't say anything, don't worry.

I'm a die-hard 'oldie' fan. TNG came close but I don't stop to watch it like I do TOS. Of course I can see two seconds of TOS and tell you the name, plot, and dialog! Which my kids and husband find a little bit scary. :o They'll quick flip through the show and say okay mom what was it. It freaks 'em out a little. They say I watch to much Trek.

For me it's fun! :devil:

Katy

No such thing as too much Trek! My brother introduced me to trek, and I introduced him to Star Wars. Now I'm a Trekkie and he's a ... "Warsie"? I can do that to the TNG episodes, and VOY to some extent. But DS9 and TOS are still brand new and fresh for me.

I think that TNG is the best series of ST because it has the best ‘most fundamental element’ . . . . the stories. I don’t think any of the other series match the well written stories of TNG. TNG really lifted ST to its height. It was one of the most watched TV shows (and during that time the most watched 1-hour TV show) which I think shows how great it was. It was a deep show if you really watched closely and its interweaving with the ST Universe is ‘paramount’. Well I could go on, but it really comes down to personal tastes.

very well put master_q,

yeah, I have the same opinion, and my fingers are really tired, so i'm not going to rewrite it again

Lol, still no one has voted for enterprise!

TNG is still winning! :bow:

i had to go with DS9 simply because it was a great series. but ENTERPRISE is rapidly proving itself to be another great one, and i love it. :D

I voted for DS9. It's a close call for me between DS9 and TNG but DS9 dealt more with societal issues and made me think more. TNG was just more or less the alien of the week show. They did some thought provoking shows but not like DS9 did.medium-smiley-089.gif

Ktrek

I like TNG/DS9 equally too, but i picked TNG purely because it's the one i watch the most.