Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Sisko and the Wormhole

Should Sisko remain in the Wormhole forever or be released just in time to do something great?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should Sisko remain in the Wormhole forever or be released just in time to do something great?

• The Wormhole was his destiny; He should stay there forever.
    • He should someday be released to live a normal life
    • He should someday be released just in time to do "something" [what could he do?]<optional)
    • Other

It is my opinion of the three series set at the far end of the timeline this arc here (Sisko being in the wormhole) is the one major arc left un-resolved and is the one loose end worthy of a film being done to resolve it.

I don't think it's right he remains there forever, I see his time there as a time of training for something though I'm not yet sure what it could be.

What are your thoughts about that and/or how did you vote in the poll?

I think he should be released when he has learned all he can learn from the Prophets. He should rejoin his family and be in a unique position, because of the knowledge he gained from the Prophets, to save Bajor or the Federation from some dire threat.

I have always thought DS9's ending was a set up for a theatrical or TV movie. It just didn't feel finished to me.

Edited by Indy

Stardate:213888.9

I think he should return to live a normal life.Afterall if he didnt he would be breaking the promise he made to Jake and Cassidy about coming back

Sisko should probably stay.If he should return he'd probably be unable to exist in normal society anymore.Just a few moments of visiting the Celestial Temple and the wormhole aliens (during "vision" scenes on DS9) made my head hurt!I can't imagine spending years there :clap:

I think he should return, he could be returned back to the moment he left or they could return him a year or 2 in the future. Something needs to be done though.

Can you say Star Trek XI?

He should definitly return to the station. A conflict with Bajor or Cardassia, but not a fire fight. Something where he himself and his own knowledge and humanity settles the out come.

He should return just in time for the next movie.That'd be great.

I don't know what threat there might be,but I'd like to see Sisko again.Its a shame that Janeway got to be in a Trek film before Sisko.That just wasn't right. :eek:

The Prophets know the future, so I think they are training Sisko to help in another great crisis. I think they should pick up that threat that happened in a TNG episode, where those scorpion-like creatures had taken over the leadership of Star Fleet Command, and were infiltrating, planning to take over until Picard and Riker stopped them. But that guy whose head they blasted off (I can't remember his name, but he had the mother-creature inside him) had managed to get a message out to their homeworld.

So couldn't the next Star Trek movie involve all the contemporary crews, having to deal with this invasion of not just the Federation, but the Cardassian, Klingon, and Romulan Empires, and Sisko could come back with knowledge from the Prophets as to how to destroy them. But then the problem is do people believe that it is really Sisiko?

That would be a really good movie, if done right.

Yes mjham I agree that would be an excellent idea for a film. Not much if any set up would be necassary; if the veiwers saw the connection to the series episode that's great and if not o'well no big loss, it would to them which missed the episode simply be an excellent scifi invasion film. Both the fans and the non could enjoy it. Very :laugh: .

The Prophets know the future, so I think they are training Sisko to help in another great crisis. I think they should pick up that threat that happened in a TNG episode, where those scorpion-like creatures had taken over the leadership of Star Fleet Command, and were infiltrating, planning to take over until Picard and Riker stopped them. But that guy whose head they blasted off (I can't remember his name, but he had the mother-creature inside him) had managed to get a message out to their homeworld.

So couldn't the next Star Trek movie involve all the contemporary crews, having to deal with this invasion of not just the Federation, but the Cardassian, Klingon, and Romulan Empires, and Sisko could come back with knowledge from the Prophets as to how to destroy them. But then the problem is do people believe that it is really Sisiko? 

That would be a really good movie, if done right.

You're speaking of the TNG episode "Conspiracy" from the first season. I think the 11th movie should be slower paced with a conspiracy-type story, thus I think this idea would be perfect. I've allways believed that DS9 or VOY should have continued this story. Doing it with a movie would be even better!

Who would best fit this story arc though, TNG with Riker as the lead, DS9, VOY, or a mixed crew? If they don't use TNG characters, Dr. Crusher should get a cameo where she transfers all her records to Dr. Bashir or "The Doctor". :laugh: