Sign in to follow this  
Shrek

Resident Evil: Apocalypse

Who's going to see Resident Evil: Apocalypse when it comes out? I will se it.

Release Date: September 24th, 2004 (wide)

Based Upon: This is the sequel to the 2002 horror film, Resident Evil, which grossed $39.7 million in the U.S. on a budget of $35 million. Both movies are based on the very popular video game series, with the first movie being a prequel of sorts to the original 'Resident Evil' game, and this movie loosely adapting the third game, 'Resident Evil 3: Nemesis.' At least three characters from the games are appearing in this movie: Jill Valentine ('Resident Evil' & 'Resident Evil 3: Nemesis'), Carlos Olivera (RE3) and Nicholai Sokolov (RE3).

Premise: Picking up where the end of the first movie left off, an elite military agent, Alice (Jovovich), finds herself stranded in the ruins of Raccoon City folowing a virus outbreak which has turned the city's inhabitants into bloodthirsty zombies. Searching for a way to contain the virus, Alice also teams up with other survivors, who include Jill Valentine (the key heroine from the games) (Guillory), who finds herself being hunted down by a massive monster called Nemesis (Mabius) with ties to Alice, and the tendency to moan 'Starrrrssss' a lot (Valentine is a recently-demoted member of S.T.A.R.S., the Umbrella Corp's "Special Tactics and Rescue Services"). (Oded Fehr plays the head of Umbrella Biohazard Countermeasure Force, Carlos, who was one of the playable characters in 'Resident Evil 3: Nemesis'; Jared Harris plays Dr. Ashford, the wheelchair-bound scientist who developed the formula causing the zombie problem.)

Filming: Production started on August 11th, 2003 in Toronto on a budget rumored to be as high as $50 million, and wrapped up in late October, 2003.

Genre: Action, Eye Candy, Horror, Science Fiction, Sequel, Video Game

I am a big fan of the Resident Evil games, particulary the first 2. The movie was good, but not quite Resident Evil enough. The "Red Queen" as I think she was called didn't seem fitting. But I will certainly see the next one. I was happy to see the ending of the first movie lead right into the plot line of Nemesis. I can't wait for the second movie actually. I think it will be better than the first. P.S. Beating "Resident Evil" in under 3 hours to get the unlimited rocket launcher is so hard. Me and my friend beat it in 5 hours, so we tried again to do it faster and we got the exact same time give or take less than one minute. We did all of the side work though which is a waste of time, and only gets you a slightly better ending. GO RESIDENT EVIL!

i havent played RE 3 but i enjoyed 1 and 2, to me i thought the new movie looked like RE2 as i recall they were out in the city in RE2. anyway i liked the first movie, and when i seen the trailer at another movie for 2 i was stoked, cant wait to see it.

Yes there is some outdoors in RE2 but RE3 is LARGELY based outdoors. In fact, the gate outside the police station in 2 was used in this game. Rebecca eventually makes it to the station for a bit with Nemesis coming after her. The mansion part in RE3 is short though.

Stardate:213866.9

I liked the RE games.They werent too difficult IMO of course that was when i still played video games nonstop.The movie was ok but could of been better.I will probably go see this one to see if it got better

I'll have to think about it.

My two oldest daughters will pretty much go and see the film whether I want them to or not.

As for the youngest(12),I'll probably not let her go.As I recall she wanted the video games.I rented one from Blockbuster Video to see what it was like,and I was horrified (as much by how far video game graphics have advanced in the past several years as by the content).I refused to let her buy any of the Resident Evil games,for which she sulked for days on end :lol:

The first film (which I watched one night during a fit of insomnia) wasn't that bad,really.I wasn't crazy about Milia Jovovich's nude crawl across the surgery ward floor there at the end.But that was about it.After discussing it with my wife we decided to let the youngest watch the movie whenever next it came on.A small concession that restored peace and order.

I'll have to preview the film beforehand.

Edited by Sirius

If Milla Jovovich is going to be in the movie,then Yes,I'll watch it....numerous times. :lol: