Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Next on ENT: North Star 11/12/03

North Star

Episode No: 061

Original Air Date: 11.12.2003

Upcoming Air Date: 11.12.2003

When a settlement of humans living a 19th-century Western lifestyle is discovered on a Delphic Expanse planet, Archer and crew set out to learn how they got there.

240x320.jpg

Trip and T'Pol try to learn what they can

Click for Spoiler:

After finding thousands of humans on a Delphic Expanse planet living in settlements seemingly straight out of the Old West, Archer gets embroiled in a dangerous cultural conflict once he discovers that the humans are systematically oppressing the alien race that originally brought them to this world.

320x240.jpg

Trip, T'Pol and Archer observe the settlement disguised as the locals

240x320.jpg

Malcolm Reed gets involved in shootout.

240x320.jpg

T'Pol is held at gunpoint.

240x320.jpg

Local schoolteacher Bethany

:20 Episode Preview

O.K. its Monday I feel I am now ready to discuss Northstar. Only 2 more days :huh: . Anyway at first I wasn't really looking forward to this episode that much but I feel the one thing it's really got going for it is the fact that its not a time travel eps. It should be interesting to find out how these humans got here and why in the heck they are living like they're in the wild west. So now i'm happy to say I cant wait until Wednsday!

P.S isn't that local school teacher that girl from Taken. I cant remember her name but she was Allys mom.

Edited by archerfan

I know what you mean, the story seemed to be a little out of place to me then I read this article and it changed the way I felt about NS completely. Now I can't wait for it to air Wed!

I don't know about the school teacher, I haven't seen Taken yet.

'Enterprise' Heads For 'North Star'

Saddle up, buckaroos, the Enterprise is heading for the Wild, Wild West!

Click for Spoiler:

Sources today revealed the first plot details for "North Star", reportedly the ninth episode of season three to enter production. The episode is said to revolve around a town known as North Star, located on a planet in the Delphic Expanse. North Star isn't any ordinary alien settlement — it looks just like a town from mid-west North America in the late 1800s, complete with a sheriff, deputy and saloon.

North Star is populated by humans, who hold all positions of authority, and an alien race, the Skagarans, who are treated as second class citizens. Archer gets a taste of this prejudice when he heads into the local saloon to get some information. The waiter, a Skagaran known as Cronin, is mercilessly teased by Deputy Clay, who tries to provoke Cronin into shooting him. Archer defuses the situation by dropping his glass, earning the deputy's scorn.

Not all humans treat the Skagarans (or Skags, as they're known derogatively) in this way. North Star's school mistress, Kit, has taken it upon herself to teach Skagaran children — illegally. When Archer is found with Kit and Skagaran children in her schoolroom, Deputy Clay throws them both in gaol. Their incarceration gives the pair a chance to talk, and Kit tells Archer how humans came to end up in the Delphic Expanse.

In 1857, a wagon train travelling across North America was transported by the Skagarans to the planet and the abducted humans were enslaved. Thirty years after the humans arrived, a man named Cooper Smith let a revolt against the Skagarans, and the victors instituted new laws that made their alien oppressors second-class citizens. After 300 years, Kit feels the Skagarans have changed and the people of North Star need to alter their attitudes towards the aliens.

The Sheriff issues an ultimatum to Archer: he must leave North Star by morning. But Kit will probably be sentenced to hard labour on a work farm for her attempts to teach the Skagaran children. Will Archer depart North Star quietly and leave Kit to her fate?

Please note that these plot details come from an early draft of the script and details can and will change before the episode enters production. You should treat this information as you would any other rumour from an unofficial source.

"North Star" will likely air in late 2003.

--TrekToday http://www.trektoday.com/news/110903_01.shtml

Information from Trek News section of this site and is courtesy of Master Q

Looks like it could be a fun episode. I'd like to see Malcolm in a cowboy hat doing a bad accent for a laugh, but it looks like he's the cavalry at the end if we judge by these pictures. Who's the bad guy? I feel like I've seen him somewhere before.

Is it just me,or does T'Pol look absolutely gorgeous in those gypsy-like clothes she's wearing on the homepage?

:huh:

Bravo Bravo!! A solid episode.

Click for Spoiler:

Everyone looked real natural in the old western setting. The actors were great. The story was great. So many good "western" reflections. My favorite scene was with Archer in the saloon in the beginning. The old "tough guy" stranger attitude was great for him. Excellent cinematography (something I think the producers should recognized for this season.] The action sequences were cool. Plus I also liked Trip and T'Pol together in the horse scene. That was funny.

Man...I'm still hyped about this episode!

9.5/10 -- Season 3 is solidified.

Great story, this one kind of brought to mind one of my favorite season 2 episodes. Carbon Creek.

They are just getting better each week, I can't wait to see what's next!

Was that deputy guy the same guy from that DS9 episode (forget its name) where they are transported back in time and Sisko and Bashir are put in a camp for the poor?