Sign in to follow this  
ensign_beedrill

[S] "The Shipment" [/S]

I haven't been able to see much DS9 (I'll be so glad when it finally comes on Spike TV!) but one of the episodes I have seen is "Little Green Men." I was just reading about it the other day when something caught my eye...

(Spoiler for "The Shipment")

Click for Spoiler:

The material that Quark was trying to smuggle was Kemacite. Isn't this the same material that was being refined at the plant that Archer and crew visited? It sounds very similar. I just don't know how the other one is spelled. Can anybody help me on that one?

Anyway, just something I found interesting. Does anybody know of any other instances of this material being mentioned in any other Trek episodes?

What do you think about this? Is it just a coincidence or are the creators trying to make connections?

I haven't been able to see much DS9 (I'll be so glad when it finally comes on Spike TV!) but one of the episodes I have seen is "Little Green Men."  I was just reading about it the other day when something caught my eye...

(Spoiler for "The Shipment")

Click for Spoiler:

The material that Quark was trying to smuggle was Kemacite.  Isn't this the same material that was being refined at the plant that Archer and crew visited?  It sounds very similar.  I just don't know how the other one is spelled.  Can anybody help me on that one?

Anyway, just something I found interesting.  Does anybody know of any other instances of this material being mentioned in any other Trek episodes?

What do you think about this?  Is it just a coincidence or are the creators trying to make connections?

It's funny you mention this because I've been meaning to post about this connection ever since the show aired. I believe it's a direct tie in to DS9 and I believe it's done on porpuse just like other links in other episodes. As soon as they said what the material was (Kemacite) I was telling everyone in the room (which was just me at the time so I was talking to myself :drool: ) that it was a link to Little Green Men from DS9.