Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Romulans & Remans

It's the general excepted theory that Romulans started out as a group of Vulcans who weren't interrested in surpressing their emotions, so left to settle their own world, evolved into the Romulans, and became an empire.

What about the Remans? Did they evolve from the Romulans or the original Vulcan group, or are they a species of their own?

I think the Vulcans came to settle Romulas, then conquerred the Remans as they built their Romulan Empire.

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Romulans and Remans are the same species. If you look closely you will see a number of the same physical characteristics between the two species. Living for generations underground has caused the main differences between them.

general.jpgreman.jpg

The ears and the ridges on the forehead are indications that the Romulans and Remans originally were the same species.

The truth has never been established as canon so I hope tptb [eventually] go with the "Remans evolved from Romulans" theory, it's much more interesting imo.

I believe that the remans are there own race and was conqured by the romulans but i could be wrong i will try and find out for you.

:lol:

Evolutionary changes couldn't possibly happen over such a brief period of time.The Remans share some basic vulcanoid physical traits,but come on,let's be serious...take a good look at the pics of the Rom and the Rem.Do you honestly believe that drastic of a change could have occured in the span of only a few thousand years? :lol:

I don't.

Weren't the Remans [as slaves] forced to work in mine's? Perhaps there was something in the mines besides dilithium, which accelerated their evolution. It is possible.

Weren't the Remans [as slaves] forced to work in mine's? Perhaps there was something in the mines besides dilithium, which accelerated their evolution. It is possible.

Now,that is a possibility I hadn't considered.Accelerated evolution or mutations brought about through outside influence.Great possibility.Maybe dilithium radiation?

Now,that is a possibility I hadn't considered.Accelerated evolution or mutations brought about through outside influence.Great possibility.Maybe dilithium radiation?

Maybe but I doubt it, people have been shown to handle DI without an apparent fear of being poisoned but it could take longer exposure to have an effect.

Edited by Alterego

I does appear likely that they are descendants of the Romulans. This is interesting, but would also be intereresting would if there would ALSO conquered by the Romulans. Imagine the offshoots of the Romulans made slaves by the Romulans. I would like to see the Remans explored futher some day.

Actually (if this theory becomes canon) they were! :lol: The group of arriving immigrant Romulans realizes someone is going to need to do the dirty work leading to war. The Victors force the Losers into the mines as slaves, the evolutionary process begins thus creating the Remans. See? Both theories can co-exist!

Evolutionary changes couldn't possibly happen over such a brief period of time.The Remans share some basic vulcanoid physical traits,but come on,let's be serious...take a good look at the pics of the Rom and the Rem.Do you honestly believe that drastic of a change could have occured in the span of only a few thousand years? :drool:

I don't.

Maybe not in "real life" but in science fiction anything is possible.

The differences between Romulans and Vulcans probably would have needed much more time to occur as well (the ridges that Romulans have for example). In the TNG episode The Enemy, we are told that some Vulcan and Romulan physiology is different as Worf was asked to donate ribosome for a transfusion because Vulcan ribosome was not compatible.

One explanation for the simialr features could just be Romulus in self. Say the Remans did live on Romulus before the Vulcans (who we know as Romulans) came. The would have developed feature disitnct to that planet and it's climate. When the Remans were forced off of Romulus the Romulans also might have began to develop those features. The features from Romulus still would have remained visible with the Remans even in the Dilithium mines.

hmm...i dont know why but i have the destinct feeling that we see a reman bleed in the movie... if its green..they are most likely vulcan offshoots..if its red like everyone else...then definitely not vulcan related...

I don't think there's a shot of it. I know that many Remans are killed, but I'm not certain that there are any shots with blood. I just can't see the Remans evolving from Vulcans.

Edited by Commander Ericks

The Reman could be descended from Romulans that were genetically altered to work in the caverns of Remus. Due to their looks and work they became undesirables. The Roms may have that crazy pure eugenics belief.

The Remans don't look like Romulans to me.I think they are a seperate race.

I think they are cooler than Romulans and would make great Federation enemies all on their own.Maybe they can have a war to free themselves from the Romulans and then become enemies of the Federation.That would be awesome.

Is it possible that the Remans come from a combonation of evoloution and mix-breading?

Personaly I'm a big fan of them evolving from the Romulans and looking different as a result of not ever seeing the sun and working in the mines.

If the Remans evolved from the Romulans, that means the Remans also evolved from the Vulcans. Romulans still look like Vulcans to an extent, besides the forhead and ears, Remans look nothing like Romulans. How could they have evolved so fast? This is why I think the Remans are a slave race, instead of something that evolved from the Romulans.

If the Remans evolved from the Romulans, that means the Remans also evolved from the Vulcans.  Romulans still look like Vulcans to an extent, besides the forhead and ears, Remans look nothing like Romulans.  How could they have evolved so fast?  This is why I think the Remans are a slave race, instead of something that evolved from the Romulans.

Yeah,me too,Captain.

Those biological changes just can't happen so swiftly.I like the slave race theory a lot better than any of the other arguments on this thread to the contrary.

:thumbs: