Sign in to follow this  
subcommanderbeavis

TOS USS Antares,"Charlie X"

This is the last good TOS-era design I'm going to post.It's one possible version of the Federation starship Antares,destroyed by Charlie X in the TOS episode "Charlie X".

I really,really like the look of this design.In fact,I like it almost as much as the Enterprise herself (though,I'll never say that around Scotty).

Click for Spoiler:

antares_concordance_kris.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

antares_concordance_ventral.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

antares-plaque.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

antares-anim.gif Edited by subcommanderbeavis

Excellent design! :P

It's even better than the TOS Enterprise. PLEASE don't let it be the last one! :lol:

Excellent design! :P

It's even better than the TOS Enterprise. PLEASE don't let it be the last one! :P

Well,what I meant was that the Antares is the last good TOS-era design I know of.The rest either look too much like Constitution-class ships,or are too ugly to post :P

I might post some TOS movie-era stuff,or some post-Nemesis and non-Federation star trek ships.

wow...those Antares pics are HUGE...they weren't half as large at the site I found them at.Hmm.

:lol:

Yeah,Beavis,man,let's see some more ships,bruh.I really liked those old school designs for the Defiant and the Miranda.They were sweet.

I like looking at the different designs and stuff,and I don't really have time to look around the 'Net for sites with ships like that,so its been cool checking out some of the ones you been posting.

I know you said some of the others were too ugly to post,but just show a few more.I'd like to see how ugly :P

Later,man.(I should've had my #@! in bed like 2 hours ago...at least).I'm glad I ain't got no classes tomorrow. :lol:

Edited by BigRedManiac

Have any statistics on this Antares,Subcommanderbeavis?Like length,mass,etc?

I like the design,as it fits in better with my own idea of Starfleet's TOS-era design ethic,than the Antares-class ship the Bajoran refugees were in on the TNG episode "Ensign Ro".

Thanks for sharing this design.I also hope you keep favoring us with these cool old ship designs.Its nice to see there were more than just Constitution-class ships zipping around the spacelanes in the middle 23rd-century.

When did we see the Antares-class on screen? :lol:

On the TNG episode "Face of The Enemy",the Corvallen freighter seen on screen was an Antares-class starship.