Sign in to follow this  
Yellow_Dragon

The Talarians

On Star Trek:The Next Generation and Star Trek:DS9 we see two obviously different humanoid species referred to as Talarians.This begs the question,is the Talarian homeworld populated by two sentient races...or did the producers of Star Trek:DS9 make a mistake by putting the wrong make-up effects on the Talarian who was written into the episode "Improbable Cause"?That Talarian looks somewhat reptilian,while the Talarian warrior from the TNG episode "Suddenly Human" looks almost human in appearance.What gives?

I don't have a clue as to why there was the difference.

But,I'll vote for the two sentient species from the same world theory,although it seems more likely the writers just overlooked the TNG appearance of Talarians,when they were producing the DS9 episode.

Lazy writing (a rarity on Deep Space Nine),seems to be to blame.

Just pretend that Endar looked like the chap on DS9.That works for me and Klingon foreheads. :drool:

Lazy writing (a rarity on Deep Space Nine),seems to be to blame.

Just pretend that Endar looked like the chap on DS9.That works for me and Klingon foreheads. :o

Or we can go with two different species of Talarians as we have that explanation for ridged and ridgeless Klingons, the differences between Trill (Odan and Jadzia/Ezri) and 5 different species of Xindi.