Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Anyone want a new trio of Trek?

Sorry to say it but imo, all other Trek series really have nothing more to offer in ways of moving the big picture forward, nothing more seems to be "at stake" except the outcome of the TCW.

"What happens to so and so" is not good reason to make a film and that is really all that's left with most of those latter series characters.

Any stories left to tell with previous Trek series are better left to be told in novels. Besides, too many veteran Trek actors have become too bloated and full of themselves to continue to work for the good of the series.

I want the next two or three films to be about ENT. Plots? Too many to choose from!

What do you mean nothing to offer? All they need to be is an entertaining movie. I think both DS9 and VOY could crank out awesome movies!

"What happens to so and so", I disagree that this is all that's left to continue for DS9 and VOY. DS9's series finale cliffhanger could easilly be made into a movie, as for VOY's finale, they could have the crew decide to stick together, give Janeway a ship like (Admiral Ross had a ship in DS9) and send them off on a few final adventures.

I disagree as I don't read novels. Since DS9 was so serialized, I think the best way to continue it would be with a big epic mini-series like "Taken" on SCI-FI. Never saw it, but heard that it rocked. As for VOY, I think this would be the better choice for the next movie. I sure hope we get a VOY movie instead of a mixed cast!

I'd like to see ENT movies too, but I'd rather have 2-3 VOY movies first. How about this?

Voyager movie 1: Reprecussions in the Alpha Quadrant

Voyager movie 2: Species 8472 invades

Voyager movie 3: Borg evolve & return

I'd rather have 2-3 VOY movies first.  How about this?

Voyager movie 1: Reprecussions in the Alpha Quadrant

Voyager movie 2: Species 8472 invades

Voyager movie 3: Borg evolve & return[/color]

Actually I hadn't thought about that. An actual trilogy of Star Trek movies, like the Star Wars movies. That would be great. It'd probably confuse the heck out of the non-trekkers, but it would probably bring them into it.

We've had a movie trilogy before:

The Wrath of Kahn

The Search for Spock

The Voyage Home

Do you think, with all these trilogies coming out, that it's time for Trek to do a 2nd trilogy? I think DS9 or VOY would be perfect for a trilogy. I think if either show makes it to the movies, that that would be the best way to go. DS9's 6th and 7th seasons were arc based, so why not a trilogy to resolve what the finale didn't? As for VOY, you can't do too much without going back to the DQ or becoming TNG-II, so perhaps VOY's best bet is a trilogy with Species 8472 and the Borg?

We could have another TNG film that brings back Data,and then a third where Data and Lore square off in the ultimate sibling showdown.A Data trilogy (including Nemesis).

Oh gosh, no! :laugh: I enjoy the Data character, and I didn't mind him sharring the big screen with Captain Picard, but I'd rather not see him star in an additional 2 movies. Besides, Data's dead and Lore's dissmantaled. How would Data come back to life, and how would Lore end up being re-assambled?

Oh gosh, no! :laugh: I enjoy the Data character, and I didn't mind him sharring the big screen with Captain Picard, but I'd rather not see him star in an additional 2 movies.  Besides, Data's dead and Lore's dissmantaled.  How would Data come back to life, and how would Lore end up being re-assambled?

In the Star Trek universe,anything is possible.

I don't think I'd care for a Data trilogy,either.Its just the only one I could think of using an existing film storyline.

Gee Captain, where'd ya' get the idea for a trilogy. :laugh:

Oh, well. I think it would be good but the problem is which series would the trilogy follow. I've pretty much given up any real hope of TNG getting another movie. DS9 would be great as a movie, with the cliff hanger ending, but it probably wouldn't last for much more than just one movie. And even if species 8472 could be incorperated, in an interesting way, I would still have my doubts about the fan loyalty to the show.

I posted an idea about a Star Trek trilogy(see here), then a not much longer (after you replied to my post) you create an entirly new thread on the tpoic.

(if i'm totally off base with this whole thing, I am really sorry)

Relax. When I was thinking of doing a trilogy, it was partly your idea, partly becuase of Star Wars, and partly becuase I want a VOY trilogy. :lol: Why does it matter who's idea it is? Just as long as Paramount gives us a 2nd Trek trilogy, I'll be thrilled! :laugh:

If they do a trilogy, does this mean we won't have to wait 2-4 years between the 2nd and 3rd parts of the trilogy? :lol:

Relax.  When I was thinking of doing a trilogy, it was partly your idea, partly becuase of Star Wars, and partly becuase I want a VOY trilogy. :lol: Why does it matter who's idea it is?  Just as long as Paramount gives us a 2nd Trek trilogy, I'll be thrilled! :bow:

Excellent point. I just like to make sure that credit is given where credit is due (especially when it pertains to me :lol: )

Star Trek:Episode XI

Attack Of The Klingons

Star Trek

Reloaded

Star Trek 12

Rise Of The Soong Androids

There ya Go  :lol:

I love Sammy's idea! Let's lobby Paramount to make it happen!!