Sign in to follow this  
Goose

A lesson learned the Hard way

Stardate:213833.9

I guess you could call this a computer horror story.

I got home today after the halloween party I went to and turned on my computer.I heard this clicking noise and noticed that the computer wouldnt load.I thought the worst cause anybody that knows a little about computers knows that clicking noises generally meant certain death.

Well i have 2 hardrives.My main one( about 40GB) and a smaller one(about 2.5Gb)well on the second one i keep all my music.(i have alot of music about 1.5Gb worth)

A few days ago i took the computer apart to fix a minor problem.As I was putting it back together something came up so i had to hurry.When i hooked up the second hard drive i didnt put it in the chassis i just let it hang.

Well it turns out that a little static electricty got into the computer.I bet alot of you out there reading this just cringed.Because the HD wasnt in the chassis it wasnt grounded.So guess what.IT FRIED ITSELF!!!!!!!!!! :lol: Out of all the things on my cpu the thing i cherish most is my music.I about cried :laugh:

Lucklily about a month ago i backed up my music.So i only ended up losing about 40 songs or so.

So the moral of the story is:MAKE SURE YOUR EQUIPMENT IS GROUNDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND DONT BE IN A HURRY!!!!!!!!!!!