Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Musical Mood Of The Moment 10/31/03

Hey, thanks for that! I had heard the Lonestar version of this song on the radio and I really liked it. I knew it was a remake, but I had never heard the original. (Is this the original? If not, do you know who did the original?)

I don't know what it is about this song that makes me like it so much, but whenever I hear it, it stays with me for a while. I think it's most likely the tune. It's a very nice tune. I don't really know what he's talking about in the song, so it's probably not the lyrics that make it stick. ^-^

Thanks again. I can guarantee that you got it stuck in my head for a little while.

Hey, thanks for that!  I had heard the Lonestar version of this song on the radio and I really liked it.  I knew it was a remake, but I had never heard the original.  (Is this the original?  If not, do you know who did the original?)

I don't know what it is about this song that makes me like it so much, but whenever I hear it, it stays with me for a while.  I think it's most likely the tune.  It's a very nice tune.  I don't really know what he's talking about in the song, so it's probably not the lyrics that make it stick.  ^-^

Thanks again.  I can guarantee that you got it stuck in my head for a little while.

I'm not sure who wrote the song or sang it first but I did find this website that explains the song in pictures. Play the song and scroll the pictures at the same time.

There's refrences to Elvis, Graceland and the Jungle Room. The Jungle Room is a famous room in Elvis' home which is named Graceland.

Basically the song is a tribute to the musical history of Memphis. Almost all of what we listen to now has it's roots in Memphis.

Here's the website with the photo's (and lyrics)

http://www.geocities.com/uoft96/memphis1.html

marc cohen, or something like that. but i really like this song, and this version is pretty cool. good pick VBG

Yeah, his name came up in all my searches but I wasn't sure.

I work at a radio station and the verson we play is the one by Marc Cohin I do not know if thats the first as I can't find the book that has those facts. If I find It I will post it.