Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Takei To Supreme: Recuse Yourself!

TakeiScalia121312.gif

Gay civil rights activist George Takei has a message for Antonin Scalia; recuse yourself from the two gay marriage cases set to come before the Supreme Court.

Takei believes that Scalia is “clearly biased” after making “repugnant” statements about homosexuality recently.

Scalia, speaking at Princeton University, said “If we cannot have moral feelings against homosexuality, can we have it against murder? Can we have it against other things?”

“I really do think – first of all, that statement was a repugnant statement to equate homosexuality with murder,” said Takei. “And any Justice who has so little thought before he speaks should not be participating in ruling on the cases involving DOMA or Proposition 8. I’m not a lawyer.”

Takei wants Scalia to follow the example of fellow Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan. “Well, it seems to me that if Justice Elena Kagan can recuse herself from the Boston case, Justice Scalia needs to consider recusing himself,” said Takei. “He is obviously not unbiased. He is clearly biased in this situation. So how can he look at the issue and make a judgment fairly?”

In the video below, Takei’s comments about Scalia begin at the 2:42 mark.

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

View the full article