Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Burton Joins AIDS Research Alliance

Burton-LaForge-022912.gif

Star Trek: The Next Generation‘s LeVar Burton has joined the AIDS Research Alliance Board of Directors.

Burton will “play a key role in shaping AIDS Research Alliance’s programming and fundraising.”

“AIDS Research Alliance is honored to welcome Emmy Award-winning LeVar Burton to its Board of Directors,” said Carolyn Carlburg, CEO of ARA. “Since LeVar became our national spokesperson just over a year ago, his energy, knowledge and commitment have furthered the mission of this organization and cause. We are thrilled that his involvement will now grow.”

“As someone in show business, I was very much aware of the AIDS epidemic,” said Burton. “So when Carolyn Carlburg explained the work of AIDS Research Alliance and really broke down the ongoing need to shine a light on AIDS and AIDS research, as well as the unique position ARA has in the AIDS research community as an organization working on an HIV cure, I couldn’t say no to joining the Board. I realized there was such a need.”

The AIDS Research Alliance is a non-profit medical research organization “dedicated to finding a cure for AIDS. Since 1989, AIDS Research Alliance has conducted clinical trials leading to the approval of half of today’s HIV/AIDS treatments.”

View the full article