Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Trek Fan To Restore Enterprise D Bridge

BridgeRestoration081512.gif

A Star Trek fan is on a mission to restore one of the original sets from Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Rescued from Paramount in late 2011, the fan is in the process of restoring the set and plans to make it open to the public when finished.

“Originally created by Gene Roddenberry, the design created by Herman Zimmerman and Michael Okuda for the Paramount TV series, this set was made to be durable, to go on display back in the late 90′s,” said the fan. “By the late 2008, it was forgotten about and was about to be destroyed! After nearly three years of negotiations, and one week before it was about to be permanently ‘decommissioned’ and put into the dumpster, I rescued it.

“I am in the process of completely restoring the set to its original splendor,” he said, “and mak[ing] it open to the public for meetings, movie showings, fundraisers, tours, filming, anything!”

The fan’s project is a “non-profit” mission. “Eventually, I will be doing a Kickstarter Campaign,” he explained, “but only after I have the estimates of restoration plus the support and Star Trek actors plus famous fans of the show.”

The Star Trek Enterprise D Bridge Restoration Facebook page is located here.

View the full article