Sign in to follow this  
removed

The Untouchables

I love the movie The Untouchables starring Sean Connery and Kevin Costner. This is one of my favorite movies, and just so happens to star my favorite actor, Sean Connery.

This is an excellent movie and I recommend you all see it. In my opinion, it is much better then other Chicago gangster movies like Road to Perdition (which was also quite good). I'm not a huge fan of gangster movies but this one stands out from the crowd. I give it 4.5 stars out of 5! Go and see it!

Ah yes, the Sean Connery fan. :) I didn't see The Untouchables. I heard a few things about it and decided to boycott it. The historical accuracy regarding Canadian police involvement was so WRONG!!!! There was no prohibition in Canada at that time so it wasn't illegal to export alcohol and our police certainly weren't on horseback in the 30's. Yeesh.

I really liked Sean Connery in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

yes, i too am Canadian, and i hate these inaccuracies about our country, but i tried to forget about it and enjoy the great movie behind it.

im not sure but when i saw gangs of new york, Canada was not even on a map shown in that movie. that made me angry but some of my friends said they saw Canada, so i could be wrong.

Some historical inaccuracies I can overlook but that pushed me to the limit. Plus I can't stand Kevin Costner. Ed the Sock would have done a better job than Costner in any movie he's been in.

Haven't seen it.

Sean Connery is a great actor (and one of the best was Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade)...and I agree with Takara's impressions on Kevin Costner. He is not very good at all!

Hey, that sock puppet might be a better actor than Kevin Costner! Well, then so would the Sock puppet from the PetCo commercials, Lambchop, or any one of the Teletubbies.

Oh, geez! I am trying to forget that I ever watched about 10 minutes of that terrible movie on the Sci-Fi channel!!!

Waterworld stinks, but i do like some Costner movies. Ie. The Untouchables, Dragonfly, Field of Dreams, and the absolute best, Robin Hood: Prince of Theives. That movie rocked. And it also has a short cameo by my favorite actor, Sean Connery.

Oh, geez! I am trying to forget that I ever watched about 10 minutes of that terrible movie on the Sci-Fi channel!!!

10 minutes lost to you forever!! :tear: If you were to show a clip show of Costner's movies (and you couldn't see the costumes) you wouldn't be able to tell which clip was from what movie because he is the SAME in all of them!!!

That is so true Takara!

Even though he is in the movie, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, you have to give credit to the rest of the cast for making that movie good! He definately was not the one that made that one a hit! :)