Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Orci: Characters Not In Star Trek 2

Trek2NonAppearances062712.jpg

Star Trek 2 Co-writer Roberto Orci tells fans which characters (and one race) will not be seen in Star Trek 2.

Four specific original series characters and one race were mentioned by Orci as being absent from Star Trek 2.

The race that won’t be seen in Star Trek 2 will be the Borg.

Ruk062712.jpgFour characters from the original series have also been nixed: Janice GaryMitchell062712.jpgRand, Gary Mitchell, Charlie X and Ruk (What Are Little Girls Made Of?)

Fans may note that Khan has not been ruled out yet.

In addition, Orci said that there was a seventy-five percent chance that the official title of Star Trek 2 will contain the words “Star Trek” in the title, and also that he has had talks with CBS regarding the possibility of making a new animated Trek series.

View the full article

Hello Alligator Watcher.

With the exception of Khan NOT being ruled out, (I'd prefer they not rehash Khan) I don't see this as either good or bad; just informative. We can now say we know four characters which won't be in the movie. That's out of hundreds of potentials though, so it is really not saying much.

I suppose it could be considered bad [news] to anyone whom may have been hoping for any of these characters to appear.

Are you new to Star Trek?

Hello,

I'm not new to Star Trek, but I am more in tune with Doctor Who in all honesty. I have seen most of the episodes of Star Trek in its various incarnations and all of the films.

I agree with you about Khan. For me, Montalban was Khan. Anybody else would ruin that character for me. I really would like to see limited use of past characters in these films. I like originality above all in movies and I hope this next film doesnt disappoint.

I would prefer they do their own stories not rehash old Trek episodes or movies.

Totally agree.

I hear some people say original characters/stories could be tweaked enough to be considered fresh but I don't care, I want original stories or else rebooting was a waste. IMO

Given the clues so far, I would say our hopes for the Nuverse won't be in vain.