Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Bakula: Star Trek Enterprise A Victim Of Circumstance

ArcherBakula022912.gif

Scott Bakula, Star Trek: Enterprise‘s Captain Archer, has his own view on why Star Trek: Enterprise did not do as well as other Star Trek television series.

Over time, according to Bakula, Star Trek: Enterprise was improving, with the last season being its best. “”I felt like our show got better and better,” he said, “and the overwhelming conversations I’ve had with people are like, ‘Oh man, that last season was the greatest. You guys were just hitting your stride.’”

Bakula had been initially cautious about the series, due to the network on which it was going to appear. “I said to the cast going in ‘Please don’t count on seven years. We’re on a network with completely different rules.’ We made ninety-eight hours of television, a huge success by most standards.

“I have to tell you, there were so many political things that happened in the time that we were on the air, with networks being bought and sold and studios changing personnel completely. I never really felt like we had failed as much as we were victims of circumstance.”

Fortunately for Bakula, he wasn’t typecast and was able to move on to other projects after the demise of Star Trek: Enterprise. “”I think the difference is, on Star Trek they’ve tended to hire people who were not necessarily super well known going in. I came into it as a relatively well known actor for other work. It made it easier to continue on after it.”

Bakula can be seen this weekend at Wizard World Toronto Comic Con.

View the full article