Sign in to follow this  
removed

Star Trek SE DVDs

Does anyone know if they are going to release the TNG movies in the same format as the original cast movies. That would be great. I love the releases so far and the TNG films are worth buying in the same format. Also, is ST:MP SE ever going to be released with the same packaging as the rest of them? That would be cool too. I like for my movies to match. Lol. :D

I think so they have been going down the line so #5 is next, i think around next Nov. so in about 1&half-2 years they should be out

hmm. . . I just got the gift set of the three TNG movies, and if the SE's are as good as everyone says, I may just get those if they come out soon. I used to have the VHS, but when I got the DVD's I gave my tapes to my brother. I could pass my old DVD's down if I got the new ones! Hey, that'd work! :)

well the tng special editions wont be out for a while. they are only on #4 of 10 now. like poguemahone said, they should all be out around next november

Guest Ktrek

At the rate they are going I'll be surprised if they are out by next November! One thing that disappoints me is that Paramount is releasing Nemesis in a standard edition in May and we will have to wait for the SE when it comes up in rotation. This irks me because they know us die-hard fans will buy the movie twice. Once so we can watch it right away and then again when the SE comes out so we can have all the special features. They don't make their money back at the box office so they will recover it one way or another. I wrote Paramount direct and told them how irritated I was with this policy. Oh well I'm just one voice. :wow:

Ktrek

At the rate they are going I'll be surprised if they are out by next November! One thing that disappoints me is that Paramount is releasing Nemesis in a standard edition in May and we will have to wait for the SE when it comes up in rotation. This irks me because they know us die-hard fans will by the movie twice. Once so we can watch it right away and then again when the SE comes out so we can have all the special features. They don't make their money back at the box office so they will recover it one way or another. I wrote Paramount direct and told them how irritated I was with this policy. Oh well I'm just one voice. :wow:

Ktrek

The Nemesis DVD is not just a standard edition. Startrek.com says the DVD will include:

"The extras on the DVD include seven deleted scenes; a commentary by director Stuart Baird; four brand-new featurettes titled "New Frontiers: Stuart Baird on Directing Nemesis," "A Bold Vision of the Final Frontier," "A Star Trek Family's Final Journey" and "Red Alert! Shooting the Action of Nemesis"; plus a photo gallery."

I'm waiting for a special edition of First Contact to come out. I had read that Jonathan Frakes would like to do a director's cut of Insurrection and I would be interested in seeing that too.

Guest Ktrek

I know they are adding a couple extra features but is still not the two disc collectors special edition sets like ST 1-4 have been. There will still be a separate SE in the future.

Ktrek

Guest Ktrek

Well if this is true then that is good news and maybe enough of us fans ranted about it to make a difference. I guess we'll see when it comes out next month! :bow:

Ktrek

nope. i thought the nemesis box looked 2-disc too but its not. just plain old standard boring one disc. i want a special edition. im only going to rent it until the se comes out

Even if Nemesis is only a single disc, at least it's going to have special features! Of course I'll buy it again when it comes out in special edition but it's a lot better than the first 9 movies (excet TMP) which had no extra metiral at all. Maybe they'll include all of the deleted sceens that everyone has been screaming about on the Special eddition. Who knows..