Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Sirtis: I Never Wanted TNG To End

Marina Sirtis would love to do Star Trek: The Next Generation again, but she realizes that if it ever returns as a movie, it would be cast with a new crop of actors, just as the original series has been recast in J.J. Abrams’ Star Trek XI.

“I would have done ten more movies,” Sirtis said, when asked if she would have done another The Next Generation movie.

Sirtis0823101.gifBut Sirtis doesn’t believe that there will ever be a The Next Generation show or movie with the original actors again. “I don’t think that’s going to happen,” she said. “I would love to because I never wanted the job to end in the first place.

“This was my job of my life. I loved my seven years on it. I loved doing the four movies that we did, but it’s not going to happen. As we were the young kids who came along after the original Star Trek, now it’s the next ‘Next Generation‘ and I wish them all the best.”

How would Sirtis feel if The Next Generation is redone by a new, younger cast? “…after this spate of movies, they might decide to resurrect The Next Generation with us recast young, which would be amazing,” she said. “I’d be fascinated to see who they picked to play me younger.”

Sirtis will be appearing in A Snow White Christmas where she will play the Wicked Queen. A Snow White Christmas opens November 30 at the El Portal Theater in North Hollywood, California.

View the full article

I wonder who would be cast as a younger version of Sirtis also. I'd still prefer for the original TNG cast to make at least one more film though. I grew up watching the series and thought that it could've lasted a few more seasons when it went off the air. I guess nobody noticed that is was the #1 syndicated show at the time.:whistling: