Sign in to follow this  
Shrek

Scary Movie 3

Who has seen Scary Movie 3 yet? I saw it today and I loved it. It was very funny and very good.

Based Upon: This is, of course, the third film in the series that started with Scary Movie and Scary Movie 2.

Sequel Note: (4/16/03) Plans are already underway for 'Scary Movie 4', which will start in Vancouver in June, filming shortly after this one wraps. The target release date will be in the 1st quarter of 2004, just a few months after this third movie's October release. The cast will be a mixture of returning cast from this movie and some new additions, as the focus of the spoofing shifts from "fantasy epics" to the superhero genre. A preview page for 'Scary Movie 4' will be posted sometime soon. (5/25/03) That page is up.

Premise: The spoofing of recent horror and science fiction hits continues, as we catch up with Cindy Campbell (Faris), now out of college and starting her first professional job as a local TV news reporter. One of her first assignments is to cover the farm of Tom Logan (Sheen), where mysterious crop circles are appearing. Meanwhile, a close friend has died because of a mysterious video tape, and Cindy also meets Orpheus (Jones), who tells her she is "The One" who must help the President of the United States (Nielsen) prevent an alien invasion.

Was it better than SM2, funny like the first one> :laugh: Not Stupid like #2> :angry:

It was better then SM2... B)

I laughed a lot during the films, but some parts just were plane wrong. One example was Darrel Hammonds role as the Catholic priest...the less said the better.

That bit about "Waking up Dead" and "The difference between Rats and Mice" had me rolling on the floor.

Ya the first one was sooooo funny. The second one was absolutely stupid. But the third one looks really funny!

Click for Spoiler:

"Where's my wife?"

"Well, she's like this" *Breaks a hot dog in half.*

"She broke her weiner??"

(Well, it's something to that effect! I don't know the exact quote.)

Edited by bysty

Was it better than SM2, funny like the first one> B) Not Stupid like #2> :laugh:

Both were good!

I didn't even know there was a third :angry:

Was it better than SM2, funny like the first one> B) Not Stupid like #2> :lol:

Both were good!

I didn't even know there was a third :lol:

It came out this past weekend.

:lol: I didn't like SM3.As soon as I heard the Wayans Brothers weren't involved,I thought,"Oh,great.The franchise is dead."And,IMO,it is.I didn't find very much to laugh at in SM3.And,I actually enjoyed SM2.I guess as long as Anna Ferris stars in the films I'll watch them.But,I give Scary Movie 3 a thumbs down.

Edited by Stormtrooper_HK554

Loved Scary Movie 1.Scary Movie 2 was merely okay.Hated Scary Movie 3.The comedy just seemed forced,and it wasn't allowed to just natural occur with the flow of the story.The director might as well have added subtitles like "Laugh now" or "this is the punchline".I wanted my dinero back. :lol:

The only big laugh I got out of the film was the Michael Jackson/The Others spoof.And the commercials hyping the movie ruined that for me.