Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Major Networks Announce Fall Shows

More news on shows involving Star Trek actors, producers or writers has emerged from Hollywood, with some shows making the cut while others got the ax.

From the three big networks, first up is CBS, which announced that William Shatner‘s $#*! My Dad Says has been cancelled after airing eighteen episodes.

ShatnerSMDS051611.gifShatner reacted to the cancellation, thanking his fans on Twitter for their support. “Thank you to all for the outpouring of love you have shown $#*! My Dad Says,” he said. “I thank all of you for watching. My best, Bill.”

Not all the news at CBS was bad news though. Person of Interest, the J.J. Abrams crime drama, was picked up by the network and will air this fall, and ATV Today is reporting that Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci‘s Hawaii Five-O will get a second series. In addition to those shows, Chuck, directed by Robert Duncan McNeill, was renewed for a fifth season.

Next up is ABC, which renewed Jeri Ryan‘s Body of Proof and also picked up The 011309JeriRyan.gifRiver, in which Star Trek XI‘s Bruce Greenwood will appear.

Finally, NBC rejected 17th Precinct, Ronald D. Moore‘s futuristic police drama pilot, choosing instead to pick up another police drama, Grimm.

View the full article

I did watch $#*! My Dad Says and found it amusing. Not great but light entertainment. I'm sorry to see it cancelled.

I find it disappointing that the networks don't give new shows more time to catch on. They often move shows around to different time slots and then say they don't have enough viewers. Worst of all is the emergence of so many stupid reality shows that are cheap to make and somehow gain enough viewers to be watched for years, while better shows get cancelled or never picked up.