Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Jack-O'-Lantern Competition

Halloween Jack-O'-Lantern Competition

Click Here

I think I might give 20 or 25 points to the winner. I hope all of you send in your pictures. Like I said in the other post [click the link] we are not expecting any kind of master piece. If you made or are going to make a Jack-O'-Lantern, then I hope you send in a picture.

If any of you have any questions, then please ask.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I'm no good at carving pumpkins, but my father has created some of the best jack-o-lanterns I have ever seen. He can make them scary, funny, or whatever way you like them. He used to carve them for me when I was a child and for my son when he was little. So, here's my question. If I can persuade my father to carve a jack-o-lantern this year, can I take a pic of it and enter it in the contest? He's not a board member but he is mrskirk's dad! Even if it doesn't win, I'd like to show off my dad's talents to all my friends. What do you say?

I'm no good at carving pumpkins, but my father has created some of the best jack-o-lanterns I have ever seen.  He can make them scary, funny, or whatever way you like them.  He used to carve them for me when I was a child and for my son when he was little.  So, here's my question.  If I can persuade my father to carve a jack-o-lantern this year, can I take a pic of it and enter it in the contest?  He's not a board member but he is mrskirk's dad!  Even if it doesn't win, I'd like to show off my dad's talents to all my friends.  What do you say?

I'm not going to be able to be here long today. After I answer this question I'm off. (I'll get to some of my PMs at a future date.) Yesterday I was here a long time so I left all of my work for today :angry:

Mrs. Kirk,

By all means do. That would be great!

If this is too much to ask, then that's ok - If he is really good at these kinds of things it would be really neat if he could possibly make some kind of Star Trek Jack-O'-Lantern. For example - he could make a scary Klingon or something as simple as a Vulcan with those Vulcan ears or a number of other things. That would be really neat and I could see StarTrekFans.net using that picture every Halloween.

This is not required and if he did not want to make a ST one then that would fine. It is not required.

You might be the only one that is going to send in a picture and if you were that would give you a guarantee win. But it would be nice if we could get a few more participants.

Master Q

I just don't think that I will be doing a Jack-O-Lantern for this competition..I've never done one before and it would come out real bad.. :angry: So I'll have to leave it to someone else..I'll be interested to see what Mrs Kirk's dad comes up with..

We only had one participant. I would wish to thank the one person that participated and congratulate him!

The winner is . . . . .

Commander Bolivar!

mortal.jpg

And great job on the jack-o'-lantern!

I will post it on the portal in announcements.

Your trivia rank will be updated to include the Halloween award and you will also gain 25 trivia points! Good Job!!

Master Q

Lol, you don't have to congratulate me. I WON BY DEFAULT... BUt I would have won anyhow. Just kidding. Thanks for the trivia points. I'll need them since I haven't been doing the trivia lately. I just don't have the time with school and work. I look forward to the holiday banner contest!

Oh, maybe next time the mods should participate. It might prevent a default win! :grin:

Edited by Commander Bolivar