Sign in to follow this  
Vic

How About New Animated Trek?

Star Trek XI Writer Roberto Orci is mulling over a new Star Trek animated series.

TASCrew030811.gifFor some Star Trek fans, it has been too long since they’ve been able to enjoy a Star Trek show on television, so like fans of the original series back in the early 1970s, they would be satisfied with an animated series, as long as the episodes were more like Yesteryear and less like The Infinite Vulcan.

Nothing definite is in the works (yet) but when Orci was asked about the possibility of a new animated series, he had this to say: “We’ve actually talked about it. Let’s see!”

View the full article

This could certainly provide Trek on TV. Hopefully the animation would be state of the art. More importantly, the stories would be of top flight caliber, AND the voices would be those of either the original TOS actors, with someone stepping in for Scotty and Bones, OR have the voices of the new 2009 Trek actors, though that could be too expensive. Doohan did a number of guest voices on TAS too, so that would have to be addressed.

I like this idea. It's better than nothing, waiting for years between movies

I'd be fine with new actors filling in, so long as they could sound and do decent characterizations of the originals or the new casts. I agree it shouldn't be cheaply done otherwise, don't bother.

One thing a must for me would be for them to produce it to be canon.

I like this idea. It's better than nothing, waiting for years between movies

I'd be fine with new actors filling in, so long as they could sound and do decent characterizations of the originals or the new casts. I agree it shouldn't be cheaply done otherwise, don't bother.

One thing a must for me would be for them to produce it to be canon.

Excellent point about the need for a new series to be canon.

I personally think TAS should have been canon, though that cat lady was a bit out there! Most of the stories were interesting and a few were excellent.

High quality, beleivable animation, sound and FX, and canon would be great.