Sign in to follow this  
Vic

The Next Generation Remastered Rumor Mill

Fans hoping that a remastered Star Trek: The Next Generation would make an appearance may be in luck.

Talk has been going on for some time about the possibility of a remastered The Next Generation release and if all goes well, fans might see episodes in HD this fall.

TNGCast.gifIndustry sources “hinted” to The Digital Bits that “TNG Remastered is moving forward and that Netflix (and possibly Paramount’s Epix cable channel, which has a strong relationship with the streaming service) may be the first place you’ll finally see it – in HD – starting sometime in the fall.” And if this does happen, can a Blu-ray release be far behind?

Fans may remember that Netflix will be streaming all five Star Trek televised series beginning in July.

More information may emerge this summer at Comic-Con.

Until there is official confirmation, treat this as rumor.

View the full article

I don't think a remastered TNG would make nearly as much an impact as the remastered TOS.

I don't think a remastered TNG would make nearly as much an impact as the remastered TOS.

Kor, I agree. I also am concerned that if they remaster it, they will either give the people involved background cameos, as they did with TOS, or that they will be tempted to change scenes. Old fashioned or not, what was filmed is supposed to be canon. Don't tinker with it.

Kor, I agree. I also am concerned that if they remaster it, they will either give the people involved background cameos, as they did with TOS, or that they will be tempted to change scenes. Old fashioned or not, what was filmed is supposed to be canon. Don't tinker with it.

What do you mean by background cameos?

Personally, I'd love to see an HD version if they can make it full screen as well. I too would hate to see them alter anything though. It worked well with TOS and I love the new graphics though.

I also agree that it wouldn't be as big a deal as TOS was but most Star Trek fans that bought the DVD's and now have Blu Ray would probably end up getting the Blu Rays also, assuming they put new special features into them.