Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

New from creator of My Name Is Earl

I've been meaning to post this for weeks but kept forgetting.

New from creator of My Name Is Earl: Raising Hope (full episodes available at link)

RAISING HOPE

is a new single-camera family comedy from Emmy Award winner Greg Garcia that follows the Chance family as they find themselves adding an unexpected new member into their household.

At 23 years old, JIMMY CHANCE (Lucas Neff) is going nowhere in life. He skims pools for a living, parties every night and still lives at home with his family, including his MAW MAW (Cloris Leachman); his mother, VIRGINIA (Martha Plimpton) and his father, BURT (Garret Dillahunt).

Jimmy's life takes a drastic turn when a chance romantic encounter with LUCY (guest star Bijou Phillips) goes awry once he discovers she is a wanted felon. Months later, when Jimmy pays a visit to the local prison, he learns Lucy is pregnant with their baby, and after she gives birth, he is charged with raising their daughter.

MORE

I was very hesitant to give it an honest chance since I was still POed at the loss of Earl. Week after week I would go in the other room and sulk while the girls laughed it up watching RH.

Then one week, when nobody was around, I sneaked a peek at an episode on the DVR. Yeah, it's funny. Quirky characters in quirky (laugh out loud) situations.