Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

"Regeneration"

I was just thinking... In ST-8, we see the Borg sphere destroyed, but in "Regeneration", they refer to the debris as a crashed sphere. Continuity error, or did the scientists only "think" it was a crashed sphere, based on the debris? I think it's the latter as the scientists could not have known what really happened.

An airplane destroyed in the air which falls to the ground in pieces is often referred to as "crashed". Technically, the terminology is incorrect, but what they said in Enterprise is acceptable. Although the sphere was blown up, the debris of such an explosion would still likely fall to Earth. Due to Borg technology, it is possible that the pieces would not burn up in the atmosphere due to their materials. It does seem somewhat unlikely that 2 Borgs could survive such a thing, but I don't think it's completely implausable. But your critism is totally vaild. The episode has many critisms going for it. I think it was just a rushed rating's booster.

I thought it was a pretty good episode, even if it was just a ratings booster, I still enjoyed it. As for the explanation, like Bolivar said, it's not quite plausible but not impossible.

I thought it was a great episode. I don't think that it caused any problems with continuity. I think they covered all grounds in that respect. I thought the ending was terrific it left me with a feeling of foreboding for things to come. :klingon:

Well, I loved this episode and was waiting for it every since I hear that the 5th series would be a prequal about Starfleet's first mission. :klingon: As for the wreckage being referred to as a crashed sphere... hmmm... (shrugs) My guess is that the 2 drones where inside a room or something that survived and broke apart upon impact, throwing the drones into the snow.

I missed that episode so i hope they show it again soon. 

:grin:

Are you currently watching Season 2 or Season 3? If you're in the 3rd season of ENT, then you won't be able to see re-runs of Seasons 1 & 2. Why? Most shows only do re-runs from the current season, this includes ENT.

If this is the case, I see no harm in downloading the episode since there's currently no other way to view it.

2-23 "Regeneration"

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard