Sign in to follow this  
subcommanderbeavis

Energy whips or blasters?

:klingon: I am a fan of the Ferengi energy whip.Its not an elegant or a practical weapon,but it is unique in the Star Trek universe.I was a little bit upset when standardized energy pistols/blasters replaced the whips post-TNG.What do you think?I think the Ferengi should keep the whip in most instances,but carry a palm gun or something for situations when the whip is impractical. Edited by subcommanderbeavis

Yeah, those whips were kinda cool. Kinda reminded me of Indiana Jones. :klingon:

I feel that the whips were more elegant. It takes ability to weild a whip properly. Weapons which require ability to me are elegant. Not some gun or pistol that a 3 year old can shoot. I was thrilled to see the whips return in aquisistion. I'm stunned to see that it was a Season 1 ep. It does not seem that long ago that I saw it. Also, what I liked about that ep was that Balok from "The Corbomite Maneuvre"was one of the Ferengi's... he also had a part in a DS9 ep as a crazy guy inside San Fransico sanctuary district A sometime during the mid 21st century. Edited by Commander Bolivar

I agree with Captain Bolivar.The energy whip is an elegant weapon that requires far more skill to use effectively than a blaster or disruptor.I love them.Great weapons,and unique so far as I know in sci-fi.

:klingon:

I thought the whips were kind of stupid,to be honest.But the Ferengi were just ridiculous when they first appeared.DS9 did much to redeem them as a species.

:klingon:

The energy whips were great.Loved them.

Click for Spoiler:

107-1.jpg

I agree they were great :lol:

I like the whips.

I've got a bullwhip in my room.My dad taught me how to crack it real loud.Its great.I wish it was a Ferengi whip.Then I could zap my sister when she starts bugging me. :lol:

To steal a line from my son's favorite Star Wars character:

"An energy whip is no substitute for a good blaster at your side,kid."

Well,Han would've put it that way had Luke been a Ferengi.