Sign in to follow this  
archerfan

New Battlestar Galactica Series

I saw that scifi channel is coming out with a new Battlestar Galactica series in December. Does anyone know anything about it? Think it will be any good? I was young when the first series came out( I was born in 75) but I remember liking it. I have watched reruns and they are pretty cheesy but I still watch. I think the general story line would have potential for a remake. Anyone else use to watch it? :)

i used to watch it, still do, and will buy the dvd set when it comes out, I LOVE BATTLESTAR GALACTICA. as far as the remake, that remains to be seen. starbuck, and boomer are chics, how do you take a cigar smokin, womanizing man, and make him into a woman, not to mention what happens to the whole starbuck, apollo relationship. but ill give it a chance, and see how it turns out.

starbuck, and boomer are chics,

WWHHHAAATTT! :) That doesn't make any sense he was the coolest character of them all! I guess we will just have to wait and see. I wonder how much of the original story there will be?

starbuck, and boomer are chics,

WWHHHAAATTT! :blink: That doesn't make any sense he was the coolest character of them all! I guess we will just have to wait and see. I wonder how much of the original story there will be?

from what i can tell its a stretch from the original. cylons are not a race, but were created by the humans. thats a big difference from the original.

With these changes it sound like the show will fail, I used to watch the original show every week and enjoyed it. I'll take a look at this one and give it a chance but if it's too far off the original I likely won't watch. It would be like Star Trek being remade with Spock being a Klingon robot and Vulcans are what we call the photon torpedos :blink:

As far as the DVD collection, it's already out....Walmart has it for $99.96, in a Cylon helmet box. My son is buying it for me for Christmas. As to the new series, didn't everyone give TNG, VOY, DS9, and ENT a chance. Not all were fantastic but we still watched them. IMO, we should give the new BG series a chance as well. The previews look like a winner and the story line isn't all that far removed from the original. A few character changes and the thing with the Cylons being created by humans isn't as strange as the NX-01 looking more futuristic than 1701, or having Bill Shatner play an ancient version of his relative on ENT. This is science fiction people....... Weird and different is what sets it apart from boring reality. :blink:

I always loved the show at least the first part not when they got to earth that was really chezzy. I am looking forward to watching the new show it is only a miniseires not a new show what I heard this is a test to see it anybody will watch a new show.

As far as the DVD collection, it's already out....Walmart has it for $99.96, in a Cylon helmet box. My son is buying it for me for Christmas. As to the new series, didn't everyone give TNG, VOY, DS9, and ENT a chance. Not all were fantastic but we still watched them. IMO, we should give the new BG series a chance as well. The previews look like a winner and the story line isn't all that far removed from the original. A few character changes and the thing with the Cylons being created by humans isn't as strange as the NX-01 looking more futuristic than 1701, or having Bill Shatner play an ancient version of his relative on ENT. This is science fiction people....... Weird and different is what sets it apart from boring reality. :blink:

Your right,this is just a sci-fi show.But,also,if these new writers wanted to give us something different,they should have given us a new show.I don't take these people who go and radically alter an already established and beloved fictional universe,simply because it suits their artistic whimsy.Battlestar Gallactica is a sci-fi icon.Go mangle something else,or be original and write a new series.

I'll never watch this "new" trash.What they're doing is worse than what happened with Enterprise.At least the things on Ent make sense,and even the few loose ends that don't make sense aren't that big or annoying.But changing the genders of popular characters (imagine Kirk or Spock as a woman,or Uhura as a man),or radically altering the established origins of a major alien menace (picture 22nd century humans,oh,I dunno,growing Jem'Hadar in test tubes).Its just dumb.

Sci-fi channel,or whomever is backing this series should've known better.This will never fly.And then,we will have in all likliehood seen the last of BG,ever.Thankfully,we will have the original series on DVD.

I used to watch (and enjoy) the original but watching it now, it seems to have become something else from what I remembered it to be. I can't look at the original for more than a couple minutes now without groaning and rolling my eyes at it. I'll be giving the new version a chance; they might have improved on it.

I was in college when the original aired. Of course, I compared it to Star Trek and it was greatly lacking. I might watch this new one but it will have to be greatly improved over the original to keep me interested.

I'm a big BG fan but the alterations they have made for the new pilot just don't make sense. Half of the audience that would watch would do it out of nostalgia, but when you radically alter the plot and the characters with no sound reason it's simply stupid. I'll probably watch the pilot but that's it.

Edited by Admiral Kirk