Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

TV Movies - Should they make them?

TV Movies - Should they make them?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. TV Movies - Should they make them?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care.

What do you think of TV movies? Should they make them? I say YES!

Just think about the possibilities!

Captain Sulu

What happens when Kes returns to Ocampa

Natasha Yar being catpured by the Romulans from the Enterprise-C

Young Picard on the Stargazer

Captain Kirk as a cadet

Admiral Janeway

DS9 & VOY movies (since they may not make it to the theater)

And so on!

What do you say, should Trek go for TV movies? They could do 2 a year! :clap:

I've always thought a made-for-TV movie or mini-series about the return of Sisko would be a good idea. You have some other excellent ideas, as well. I'm in favor of more Trek in any way, shape, or form. Although I know a lot of people think over-saturation has been the downfall of Trek. Personally, the more Trek the better for me.

Well, I think what caused the downfall of Trek was having DS9 & VOY on at the same time. Both shows rocked, but in the end, it hurt Trek as a whole. For example, if VOY hadn't been, we would have DS9 cameos in the TNG movies and would be having DS9 movies next. However, there's so much Trek that the fans have become devided and the producers don't know what to choos for the next movie.

I think having one TV series along with 1 anual TV movie and a theatrical movie every 2-3 years is the best way to go!

NOTE: Nemesis took 4 years only becuase of contract negotiations and Patrick Stewart's acting schedule. :clap:

Sure.Why not?TV movies are cheaper to produce then feature films,and they could very well boost interest in Star Trek,and Enterprise.I think this is a great idea,in fact.

The possibilities for stories are endless.

I think it is a great idea I think it is going to be the only way I am going to see the new frontier books on film and look at all the other books out there I know their not cannon but most of the star trek books have been great and also a great loss that they don't use them for movie ideas.

I think it would be cool but I would reserve judgement until I saw the first one. It would probably be a good way to test ideas that could later be developed into a full series.

I think a combo movie, if it was well scripted, would be in order. The combining of the DS9 crew with the Next Generation crew would be great.

Picard and crew are heading back to Earth after completing their final mission, and stop off at DS9 for a little R&R, and temporary repairs to Enterprise. A threat from someone starts the Enterprise and Defiant off on another mission (adventure).

I'd like to see the interaction between Picard and Sisko; and between Quark and Odo. Plus the others interacting with each other. It could be a fun adventure with a lot of our favorite characters thrown together in one pot. I think a 50-50 mix between R&R and adventure would suffice, as long as the humor is maintained.

Personally, I think it's possible, because TNG and DS9 existed along the same time frame. All that's needed is an excellent story.

I think a combo movie, if it was well scripted, would be in order. The combining of the DS9 crew with the Next Generation crew would be great.

Picard and crew are heading back to Earth after completing their final mission, and stop off at DS9 for a little R&R, and temporary repairs to Enterprise. A threat from someone starts the Enterprise and Defiant off on another mission (adventure).

I'd like to see the interaction between Picard and Sisko; and between Quark and Odo. Plus the others interacting with each other. It could be a fun adventure with a lot of our favorite characters thrown together in one pot. I think a 50-50 mix between R&R and adventure would suffice, as long as the humor is maintained.

Personally, I think it's possible, because TNG and DS9 existed along the same time frame. All that's needed is an excellent story.

A TNG/DS9 movie could work in the theaters, but I doubt you could squeeze your whole idea into a 90 min TV movie. :blink:

As for your idea, excellent, however, you wouldn't be able to use the complete cast of both shows as everyone would get far too little screen time. I'd say about half from either show. The problem is, in order to do this, you have to find a way for O'Brien, Odo, and Sisko to return to DS9. Anywho, nice idea. :lol:

A TNG/DS9 movie could work in the theaters, but I doubt you could squeeze your whole idea into a 90 min TV movie. :klingon:

As for your idea, excellent, however, you wouldn't be able to use the complete cast of both shows as everyone would get far too little screen time. I'd say about half from either show. The problem is, in order to do this, you have to find a way for O'Brien, Odo, and Sisko to return to DS9. Anywho, nice idea. :laugh:

One of the things that I thinking about was a three episode, 6 hour (total) story arc for commercial TV. Then run it in place of reruns on UPN.

The other area worth investigating was a six episode story arc, 2 hours each episode, and run it on a premium service like HBO or Showtime. Both networks are looking for HiDef programs to run on their digital channels. Of course, run them in wide screen format on the current analog channels.

Stretching the show in a multi-episode "short" series would give adequate screen time for all of the major cast members.

One of the things that is happening on the premium services are short multi-episode stories. HBO's "Carnivale" is a good example. Of course, things can get out of hand too. Take HBO's "Arlis." It started out being a six story arc. But because of its popularity, the series is entering its 7th year on the air.

Another good example is Showtime's "Jeremiah." The basic story was taken from a comic book and expanded. This might be the time to mention some of the many "Star Trek" comics. Use those as a basis for a live action series, as long as it's brief enough to do the story in six (as an example) episodes.

I think it can be done, and done well if there is a solid story. Who said that this has to be a project for commercial TV? Premium services are looking for programs too.

I don't know. More often than not, TV movies turn into cheap imitations. Every time

I think of a TV movie, I think of those dang Star Wars Ewok movies with Wilford Brimley.

Besides, the episodes are so good that I almost think of them as short movies, or

some of the theatrical movies as long episodes.

I voted yes despite the fact that I'm not quite sure what TV movies are. They sound very cool though.

BTW, is Emissary now a TV movie? I recently got the DS9 series 1 DVD and Emissary has been given a new production number (700 - something) and now both episodes are shown as one long 'movie', with no breaks in between.

Absolutely.Yes,please.Make them :lol:

I hate most of the programming on television today.If not for Star Trek:Enterprise,I'd probably have my set tuned to PBS all day long (I don't have cable).Well,except for the late local news broadcast and the occasional sporting event.

I'd love to see made-for-tv Trek.

Who would be responsible for their (TV movies) production; TPTB which are currently busy producing ENT or a totally separate, new team. Hmm? :lol: