Sign in to follow this  
Aladinsane

Fresh Trek Ideas

Forgive me if this is a redundant topic. I haven't had time to research all the threads yet.

Anyways, I know Enterprise is the newest series and will be the main one for a while...however, I have always thought it would be fun to see some series that dive into little known parts of the Trek universe. Deep Space Nine was definitely different but I have a few ideas...

Star Trek: The Klingo Empire

I think it would be cool to see a series based on the history of the Klingon empire. They could trace the rise of the empire and show situations where they dealt with the Federation from a different perspective. The Klingons and Vulcans have to be two of the most developed species of all so there would be plenty of room for ideas.

Star Trek: Starfleet Academy

It could be a short series that follows one cadet from beginning to end of his Starfleet Academy career.

Star Trek: Early Kirk

All we ever hear about is the legendary rise of Kirk but our view of him starts off as Captain. It would be cool to see his rise and all the situations he faced. Finding an actor who could mimic Shatners unique acting style might be tough though. :clap:

Anyways, those are just a few ideas I had. This is meant for fun mainly.

Anybody else have some ideas?

Star Trek: The Klingo Empire

I think it would be cool to see a series based on the history of the Klingon empire.  They could trace the rise of the empire and show situations where they dealt with the Federation from a different perspective.  The Klingons and Vulcans have to be two of the most developed species of all so there would be plenty of room for ideas.

I've Thought About That Before. Might Be Interesting

I wouldn't be terribly interested in either a series based on a young James T. Kirk,or a series set in the Klingon Empire (Klingon storyarchs are good for a handful of shows,but not as the basis of a 7-year series).However,the Academy idea is a favorite of mine,and one that has been bandied around a few times before on various Trek fan sites that I regularly post at.

If done,I would want the Academy series to be based on a set of new,young characters with maybe a few older characters (depending on the timeline,Miles O'Brien,or some TOS veteran)thrown in for good measure.I'd also want the series to hire actors from more than just America or Canada/UK.Give us an Indian (as in,from India...not a native american) actor,or a South American actor,or an Arab actor who could bring to the series a true-life perspective from their culture (and not just a stereotypical Hollywood foreign perspective).

Also be daring,somewhat like Enteprise.Don't limit yourself to typical Trek stories and situations.Throw out some new ideas,be BOLD!Sure,the whiney fanboy crowd will complain.But they are going to anyway,so go for it.

(I'm not being hypocritical,as I have griped about certain aspects of Enterprise.My complaints were never story or continuity-based,they were just little annoyances at other things that I promised myself I wouldn't go into detail about again.I'm all argued out on the subject)

I would watch a series like this.

The Starfleet Academy is a great idea. When the current show was still in the "rumor" stage, I was hoping it would be about Starfleet Academy, but, oh well. I'm very happy with Enterprise. :clap:

A series about the Klingon Empire would be EXCELENT! Especially if it takes place in the "Undiscovered Country" timeline. I'm not sure I could take it as a "7-year mission", though. :)

I've posted threads about novels becoming canon and Paramount loosing up the reigns and allowing more variety in storytelling mediums and subjects for Trek and the general consensus is those things would lead to greater deterioration or wreaking of the franchise. I guess we will need to be content with novels being the only extracurricular place to get our Trek fixes other than the series and films for some time to come.

Seven more years of DS9 with the post-series novel cast might be interesting.But,then again,how interesting can Bajor be,now that the Prophets have guaranteed the Bajora thousands of years of "peace and enlightinment"?

Seven more years of DS9 with the post-series novel cast might be interesting.But,then again,how interesting can Bajor be,now that the Prophets have guaranteed the Bajora thousands of years of "peace and enlightinment"?

Good point, and also, I really feel like the DS9 storyline has been fleshed out enough. I loved the show but towards the end it got a little too much into the mystic than I wanted it to.

Great suggestions everyone! I didn't think any of my ideas were necessarily original, I just don't follow all the info that is out there so I guess the 100th monkey rule applies on this one.