Sign in to follow this  
Goose

The World Series New York Yankees Vs Florida

Stardate:213792.9

History show us yet again that curses do exist at least on the baseball diamond.

The Curse of the Billy Goat struck the Chicago Cubs in the form of a fan by the name of Steve Bartman.The Curse of the Bambino slammed the Boston Red Sox in the from of Boonies little brother Aaron Boone.

So the date is set,the players ready.and the battle field picked.Saturday October 18th is Game 1 of the 100th World Series. New York Yankees vs Florida Marlins!

HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!

Im putting this in a spoiler cause its probably gonna be long.

Click for Spoiler:

The Yankees are looking for number 27 this year.Thier hitting as always is superb and thier starting pitching is excellent.Roger Clemens is ptiching in the last World Series in his fabolous career.But the problem the Yankees are gonna have to contend with is thier bullpen.They have used 20 different relievers suring the year and havent really been able to find anybody to stick.They will have to fix that in a hurry cause the Marlins are infamous for comeback wins late in the game.

The Marlins have good hitting as well topped off by the best hitter in the playoffs Pudge Rodrigues.Thier starting pitching is every bit as good as the yankees with the explosive Dontrell Willis and Josh Bekket.Thier bullpen is also pretty stable with Ugeth Urbina closing it out.Thier problem is thier defense.Not so much its bad but they tend to get a little too anxious.The Marlins have won 6 out of 7 in the postseason by coming form behind.They are the comeback kids this year and they will have to use thier speed and stamina to overcome the Bronx Bombers

Thier was a sign in Yankee Stadium that said "All Classics end here and at Yankee stadium"And thanks to Hank Blalock winning the All Star Game for the American League the Yanks have home field advantage.This is gonna be one hell of a World Series.

My pick for the Fall Classic is Yankees in 7 games.Play Ball

This year,I guess you could say the NL and AL championships were won by The Goat and The Bambino.

Cubs-Redsox....we all should've known better.It was a nice dream for a while,I suppose.

Stardate:213797.9

Game 1 results:

Florida beat New York 3-2. Marlins lead Series 1-0

THE YANKEES TIED THINGS UP TODAY BY BEATING FLORIDA 6-1.

THE SERIES IS NOW DEADLOCKED AT 1-1.

I PREDICT THE YANKS WIN IN SIX.

Stardate:213803.1

As said about yanks beat Florida 6-1

Although it should of been 6-0 in my opinion.Pettite should of had the shutout.If it wasnt for another Boone error(the third in two games)he would have.

Tuesday is Gane 3 Mussina(Yankees) VS Bekket(Florida)

Edited by geranimo

Stardate:213805.9

Game 3 results:

Yankees beat the fish 6-1

Yankees lead the series 2 games to 1

Stardate:213808.9

Well i cursed Oakland with the Curse of the Mariner when they beat us 12-2 and won the AL West.Then i showed up at game 5 to make sure it went through.I tried to do it with the yankees as well and with Brett Boone there i figured it would work.But i figured he was probably rooting for the yanks with his brother being on thier team and all.The Marines are in no way involved with the World Series so there is nothing i can do there, :blink: Oh well :lol:

Game 4 results:

Florida beat New York 4-3 in 12 innings in a very very good game.Series tied at 2-2

Roger Clemens made his final start today in his glorious hall of fame career.Torre says he may appear out of the bullpen if there is a game 7.

Clemens played for 19 years from 1984-2003.He has a final record of 310-161.He is 18 all time on the most wins list.He is also third all time in strike outs with 4,099.There is no doubt that the Rocket will be in Cooperstown.Congratulations Roger Clemens on one hell of an awsome career and being the one of the greatest pitchers of our generation.

I wonder if anyone outside of Miami and New York are watching the series?I can't help but not be too excited about it.The ALCS was just so much more exciting,as was the NLCS.I really and truly hope we can get some new teams into the playoffs next season.I am getting tired of the Yankees always being there.

Stardate:213811.9

Yeh i agree that the LCS was way more exciting than the world series and the yankees being there all the time gets old.But we have seem some cool things things happen so far.Marlins have had a few come from behind wins,and we saw Roger Clemens make his last career start.

By the way i from western washington so there is at least one person outside of Miami,and new york watching it :klingon: Of course im a baseball fanatic so id watch no matter whos playing.

Dont worry though is seriously doubt the yanks will be in the playoffs next year let alone the world series.They are gonna lose alot of key players in the off season including Clemens and wells to retirement,Pettie to free agaency(maybe but its a good possibility)and alot of others.About the only guarrenteed ones coming back are Derek Jeter,Mike Mussina,Bernie Williams,Hedaki Matsui,Mariona Rivera,and Aaron Boone

Game 4 results:

Fish beat Yanks 6-4 Marlins lead series 3-2

The yanks played aboutlutely horrible on defense.They cant afford to do that again

Stardate:213819.9

Well i was right when i said"All Classics end here at Yankee Stadium".But i was worng with the Winners.

Results of Game 6:

The Florida Marlins beat the New York Yankees 2-0

Florida Marlins are the World Champions!!!!!!

Congrats to the Marlins.This was the second championship in 11 years of existence.

This concludes one of the greastest if not the greatest year baseball has ever seen.

Now we prepare for next year.Spring training starts in March.

libL7SMN.jpg