Sign in to follow this  
ensign_beedrill

Binghamton Mets Have Star Trek Night

So I am a really big baseball fan and like to read random baseball news. I came across this little story. The Binghamton Mets in the Double A Eastern League are having a Star Trek night on Friday.

Your B-Mets wear a Star Trek-style jersey to commemorate the new movie and the legions of loyal Trekkies. A sealed bid auction for these jerseys will occur throughout the game with the proceeds benefiting the Newspaper in Education program.

"Star Wars" promotional nights have been steadily growing in popularity over the past several years; is it now Star Trek's time to shine? The B-Mets sure think so, as they are celebrating the enduring sci-fi series Friday. The team will wear sleek and stylish Star Trek-themed jerseys during the game, perhaps signifying the players' desire to get "beamed up" to a new level of play. All in-game contests will be Trek-themed, and head shots on the videoboard will be doctored so that the players resemble characters from the series. Perhaps most hilariously, the B-Mets' staff will wear replica "Star Trek" uniforms of various colors so that fans can immediately determine their rank in the front-office hierarchy.

b-mets%20star%20trek-thumb-450x675-1208431.jpg

Sweet jersey! It's cool that they used the Star Trek font. I wonder if they did the same thing on the back. If I lived anywhere near Binghamton, I'd go and maybe try to get a jersey in the auction. But I don't.