Sign in to follow this  
Voyager recruit

To those who have served our nation....Thank yOU

I thought, here on Memorial Day, it would be a good idea to express gratitude, if there be among us here at stf, to any men or women who either have served our country in a branch of the armed forces, or maybe, are now, in whatever capacity. Thank you for your service, and sacrifice, of time, of months or years,spent away from family and friends, and, I hope not, injury taken on behalf of all of us. The very best to you all , and bless you. VR.

Thank you, there are a number of us here that I know of.

Of course, remember that today being Memorial Day we remember those that have fallen in battle and have given their lives so that we may live in peace and freedom. Some get Memorial Day confused with Veterans Day.

Right, and apologies, I should have remembered that! Didn't mean to seem dense!!(Most of the time i'm not!) Especially as I have seen many of these particular sacred days come over the years. At any rate, the same sentiments apply-THANKS TO ALL WHO PAID THE HIGHEST FOR OUR FREEDOM...VIA THOSE LOVED ONES, WHO SURVIVE THEM.VR.

I thought, here on Memorial Day, it would be a good idea to express gratitude, if there be among us here at stf, to any men or women who either have served our country in a branch of the armed forces, or maybe, are now, in whatever capacity. Thank you for your service, and sacrifice, of time, of months or years,spent away from family and friends, and, I hope not, injury taken on behalf of all of us. The very best to you all , and bless you. VR.

Well said VR! I coulnd't have said it any better so I'll just say ,thanks to all who have served/are serving!

I was able to attend a ceremony the day before Memorial Day at the Ohio Western Reserve National Cemetery in northern Ohio this year. With singing, prayer. color guard, address from the Director of the Cemetery and the County Veteran Service Officer, wreath layings, rifle salute and Taps, it was a moving ceremony with a crowd of a least 500. We also went to a small town Memorial Day parade, with the scouts, High School band, America Legion etc all marching to the local cemetary for a ceremony there. I hope those of you who can considering joining such services this and every year. It's a small but important thing to do to honor veterans, families and the graves of veterans and family members.