Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

The TCW

Cheap Device or Brilliant Story Telling?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Cheap Device or Brilliant Story Telling?

• Brilliant Story Telling
    • Cheap Device
    • Whats the "TCW"?

Well, not that it matters much, since I'm obviously going against the grain here and most seem to accept trek in whatever form presented to them, but ...

I've been clicking the spoilers in TUH and AE's posts and I have no idea what they are talking about. You see, I missed the first two seasons of ENT entirely (not my fault, my cable service didn't start carrying UPN until this fall), so how can I enjoy this series?

I would like to see trek based on space exploration in the tradition of TOS, not time travel. If I wanted time travel in the tradition of Scott Bakula, I'd watch Quantum Leap re-runs  ;)

The producers, before ENT premiered, said they wanted the series to find a balance between VOY's episodic style and DS9's serialised style.

I didn't know that, perhaps that is why VOY is my favorite post TOS series.

And I apologize if I offended anyone, as Spock would say, I must learn to better govern my emotions. I really want to see an episodic TOS era series before it's all said and done.

I'm with Unicorn Hunter. How the TCW concludes will probably affect how it's judged as a whole by the audience. I know that a great many folks are wanting the Romulans to be tied in and will be disappointed if that doesn't happen. I for one would like Henry Archer to be Future Guy to totally shake Archer's world and provide an emotional wallop that would test the captain's mettle to the breaking point. That would be a great opportunity for Scott.

I'm with Unicorn Hunter.  How the TCW concludes will probably affect how it's judged as a whole by the audience. I know that a great many folks are wanting the Romulans to be tied in and will be disappointed if that doesn't happen. I for one would like Henry Archer to be Future Guy to totally shake Archer's world and provide an emotional wallop that would test the captain's mettle to the breaking point.  That would be a great opportunity for Scott.

Do you mean the Romulans involved in the TCW or ENT as a series?

As for Henry Archer turning out to be Future Guy? How would Henry Archer travel to the 28th century, become very powerful, and then get in touch with the Sulliban back in the 22nd century, giving Silik the option of destroying the Enterprise with Archer in it, if Archer doesn't comply? This just doesn't add up.

i think its great, its fun and entertainin, and after all isnt that what we watch for? i hope they keep up the good work with the TCW.

I voted for brilliant storytelling. I so do like when they travel forward or back in time. Only if the story is done well.

We never did find out who 'future guy' was. I did not vote because there was not a third choice. I think the TCW complicated the story line, but the minute time travel was made possible in TOS, it opened the possibility for tampering with the timeline, and it seems inevitable that there would be races trying to interfere with the rise of the Federation. It had to be included.

Thought it was a good concept. But, as with all time travel....poor Jon. To quote my other favorite captain, good 'ol Kathie Janeway...''Time travel....it gives me a headache" And she oughtta know!! 'shockwave' was cool. Loved Archer getting a tease, from the crumbling library, about future governments.....how about seeing the NX-01, flying above the Big Apple, duking it out with modified Stukas? Pretty cool. And they thought Kong was the biggest thing to hit the burg!