Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Bauer

Jack_Bauer's Did you notice?

Did you notice...

Click for Spoiler:

-'One day earlier...?" (Obvious but I think it was a nice tough).

-The crew has been skipping meals due to work and stress and morale is down? (Odd, because the mess hall usually looks pretty full when we see it, at least during the day)

-T'pol mentions 'transponder frequency' something mentioned quite commonly on other series? (At least on TNG)

-The Asteroids are full of Trellium D but are still affected by anomalies? (Could be a goof but could only refined Trellium D is able to insulate against anomalies)

-The Van'karra was sent in to fine the Seleya? (Nice connection to the Expanse) (For those don't recall, the Van'karra is the ship which Soval showed footage to Archer).

-Vulcan corridors look similar to corridors on Enterprise and later Federation ships? (Just with a distinctly Vulcan ship).

- A lot of the Vulcans carried some sort of strange 'axe' weapon?

-Vulcans moved fast but did not seem to be a great deal stronger? (Maybe I didn't notice of course those scratches on Archer looked pretty deep)

-The Zombie Vulcans could still operate guns and control panels? (Intelligence not affected or some sort of instinct?)

-The Seleya hasn't already suffered a core breach and still has life support? (Maybe not that farfetched, the Promellain battle cruiser in Booby Trap still has intact but of course, different circumstances)

-Both shuttlepods took a beating? (Looked like Bonnie and Clyde took out Pod 2)

-The ancient Vulcans nearly destroyed themselves? (I know they were violent but I don't remember ever hearing that)

-In the first five episodes of the season Reed has had Archer and T'pol snap at him?

-All the departments did a great job in this episode, make-up, special effects, set design etc?

-T'pol was willing to sacrafice herself for Enterprise? (Those crazy emotions...)

-Phlox has a bad habit of talking durig movies, even in dreams? (Seems about right for the character).

-The Late Jerry Fleck was the first assistant director?

This episode could have been called "Night of the Living Vulcans" and no one wold have noticed? (Is this a spoiler?)

You did a great job of working out possible answer to most all of the questions you raised.

-The ancient Vulcans nearly destroyed themselves? (I know they were violent but I don't remember ever hearing that)

Yeah that's true, it was first established in TOS. Surak introduced logic as an alternative to the violence, thinking over killing. Them which preferred violence left Vulcan to become the Romulans. I've always wondered why they left, seems to me they would have just kicked the pacifists butt's and took over the planet but O'well. There are still many details about that period of time yet to canonized.

-The Late Jerry Fleck was the first assistant director?

Impluse may have been the last or one of the last Jerry was involved with.

Good job Jack!

Click for Spoiler:

-The Asteroids are full of Trellium D but are still affected by anomalies? (Could be a goof but could only refined Trellium D is able to insulate against anomalies)

I noticed most of your observations but missed the bit about the asteroids. Good point!

This episode could have been called "Night of the Living Vulcans"
Yeah, it looked they came straight out of "Thriller" (God, did I just date myself!)

-Both shuttlepods took a beating? (Looked like Bonnie and Clyde took out Pod 2)

Yeah, usually it's Shuttlepod One that gets the worst of it. They need to nickname them Timex 1 and 2--"Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'" :)

Did you notice dream Trip's facial expression when T'Pol told Phlox and Trip to shut up?

Stardate:213781.9

This episode could have been called "Night of the Living Vulcans" and no one wold have noticed? (Is this a spoiler?)

That would of been funny :)

Ok, that one is a little hard to explain. Perhaps the asteroids aren't completely insulated. In other words, maybe the anomalies can affect the parts of the asteroids that don't contain much trellium D.

DID YOU NOTICE

That the shuttle pods weren't affected the same way that the asteroids were!

That since T'Pol is "allergic" to Trellium D she most likely will not get to go aboard any alien ships in the expanse. Bummer.

That T'Pol was wearing a new purple uniform while watching the movie in her dream.

That this was the second time T'Pol has gone paranoid/insane due to environmental conditions. (See season 1's episode "Strange New World")

That Mayweather has landed shuttlepods on meterors twice now.

That since T'Pol is "allergic" to Trellium D she most likely will not get to go aboard any alien ships in the expanse. Bummer.

Have no fear, Commander Bolivar. Phlox will develop a vaccine for her trillium-D allergies. She'll be going on away missions in no time.

By the way, that was a comet Mayweather landed the shuttlepod on in Breaking the Ice. So the count is 1 comet, 1 asteroid.

Also, did you notice that T'Pol's skin tone appeared "greener" in this episode?

Also, did you notice that T'Pol's skin tone appeared "greener" in this episode?

i never noticed this, but thats a nice touch. really brings out the vulcan in her. lol.

-The Asteroids are full of Trellium D but are still affected by anomalies? (Could be  a goof but could only refined Trellium D is able to insulate against anomalies)

Perhaps Trellium doesn't work for all anomalies. Nothing works all of the time. Electricity sometimes goes out. Water, the so-called universal solvent, doesn't dissolve everything. Even the laws of physics don't work sometimes (at least within the boundaries of Star Trek's storytelling). Maybe the Trellium D doesn't insulate against this particular anomaly. Or maybe the anomaly has been around these asteroids for a long time and has somehow "evolved" to counteract the Trellium. Strange thought, but hey... Star Trek's full of them.

-The Zombie Vulcans could still operate guns and control panels? (Intelligence not affected or some sort of instinct?)

You think they were zombies too? I couldn't get that thought out of my head during the entire episode. First of all, they were green. Probably just their blood dried on their faces, but still, they were green. They also kept coming. No matter how many Archer and the gang defeated, they kept coming. And then the ones they knocked out got up, too! I just kept thinking about them being zombie Vulcans. Kinda' funny.

Did you notice dream Trip's facial expression when T'Pol told Phlox and Trip to shut up?

Yes, I did! That was so funny! I tape the episodes and watch them later in the week, and when I saw that look on Tucker's face, I had to rewind and watch it again. He looked purely offended.

That T'Pol was wearing a new purple uniform while watching the movie in her dream.

And didn't it look good? I liked it.

Remember the way T'Pol turned on Archer, accusing him of undermining her work and all that? Do you think she meant what she said? I know she wasn't in her right mind, but it was just her control slipping away. Maybe she really does think that in some subconscious part of her mind. The Humans don't fully trust the Vulcans. In the first season, Archer made that clear. He's grown a lot since, then, though, and now I'm confident that he does trust at least T'Pol. But perhaps the Vulcans don't trust the Humans, either. Interesting insight.