Sign in to follow this  
TJ Phaserman

Georgia inmate arrested trying to get back in jail

WOODBINE, Ga. – Authorities say they arrested an escaped jail inmate trying to sneak back into the lockup with cigarettes allegedly stolen from a nearby store.

Sheriff Tommy Gregory said Saturday that 25-year-old Harry Jackson had opened a door to the exercise yard and climbed the outer fence.

Deputies found a jail door unlocked early Saturday and were looking for the inmate. They spotted Jackson trying to come back in and found 14 packs of cigarettes they believe were stolen from a convenience store about a block away.

Jackson faces new charges of breaking out of jail and burglary. He was already in jail in Camden County in far southeast Georgia for charges including possession of a controlled substance and violating probation.

:lol:

moron lol...

In a way what he tried to do makes sense. If he stayed out he would have eventually been caught and he would have been charged with robbery and escape. If he successfully re-entered the prison he has 14 packs of cigs to share with his prisoner buddies and could say "How could that have been me? I was here in my cell."