Sign in to follow this  
subcommanderbeavis

OMG....Monday Night NFL!

Oh my God,what a game!Did you watch that? :lol: That Colts comeback was the most beeeeaa-utiful thing I have seen in years! :( :( :wow:

The Colts made history.No NFL franchise has EVER came back from 21+ points down with 4 minutes or less to go in the 4th quarter.

How about that on-side kick?

I am still charged up from that game,and I don't even like the Colts or Bucs!

Whewwww :drool:

I went too bed at halftime when the Bucs were up 21-0. I did not expect anyone could come back on the Bucs D when they were down that much!

I get out of bed close to 1 a.m. to take an antihistimine, so I figured I would go online and see who won. I go to NFL.com and the headline says the game is in OT. :drool:

So I turn on the tv to catch the last drive of the game.

BTW, the Bucs were robbed. I am no Bucs fan, but that game was stolen by the refs in the end.

Bad calls happen all the time. The Refs didn't give the Colts 21 points. There was a bad call earlier in the game that went for the Bucs, this one went against them. Though there is a rule that says you can't jump on another player while trying to block a kick. Granted it didn't look like it was intentional and it was really minor but Rice did come down on one of his own players from the replays I've seen.

If I were a Bucs fan though I'd be looking for something to burn down lol

Yeah,I thought that was a lousy call at the end,too.But Rice did brake the rule.I saw a couple of blown calls last night (like the facemask call that was overturned once the ref saw the replay on the big monitor in the stadium...of course,that was illegal.Then the head ref claimed that one of the other ref's had simply overruled the one who had tossed the flag. :drool: I found that hard to believe).Still,it was a helluva fourth quarter.I'll be talking to my buddies here at home about this all week,and maybe even next. :lol:

Another blown call was the intentional grounding call that the Refs overturned because they said there was a receiver in the area. The replay clearly showed there was no receiver in the area.

I just read this on the Bucs webpage, it explains the call the refs made on the kick.

Game officials called DE Simeon Rice for leaping, with the following explanation from referee Johnny Grier:

“The call was leaping. Leaping is a player starting more than one yard off the line of scrimmage and running forward and landing on players. It was reported that he was running forward. He jumped and landed on his own players. The umpire (Ed Coukart) made the call.”

That's a silly rule.

In this instance I agree that it wasn't needed to throw the flag as it (the landing on another player) was not intended as a boost to help block the kick. I can see where a player could use that tactic though as a way of blocking a kick. All you have to do is stand back then run and jump on the pile at the right time and thereby give yourself a "pedestal" of sorts to lift you high enough to block the kick.

I watched the game.An incredible finish,marred only slightly by bad officiating throughout the game.It will be something to see how long Indianapolis can continue winning.Right now,with a very few exceptions I don't see anybody that can beat the Colts (with or without Edgerrin James...his backups Williams and Mungro are both exceptional RBs).

An interesting tidbit from Len Pasquarelli at ESPN.com:

Two members of the league's influential competition committee to whom we spoke earlier in the week strongly suggested the language in the "leaping" rule, the infraction called against Tampa Bay defensive end Simeon Rice in the Monday night game, will almost certainly be altered (i.e., clarified) next spring. "The rule, in essence, is a good one because it (addresses) a safety issue," said one committee member. "And the call in the Monday game was absolutely following the letter of the law. But we need to take a hard look at the wording of the rule. I mean, (Rice) didn't put anyone in jeopardy. You don't want to force the officials into parsing things even further, you know, interpreting the chances a leaping player could injure someone, but we've got to clean (the rule) up." It should be noted that one guy who has remained silent on the call -- not too surprising, given his class -- is Tampa Bay general manager Rich McKay, who is co-chairman of the competition committee. For McKay to have said anything in the wake of his team's overtime loss might have been construed as self-serving, and the Bucs general manager is way too smart to be drawn into that trap.

I told you it was a silly rule! :P

The St.Louis-Atlanta game was terrible.Despite the Rams score,shutting out the Falcons,both teams made a lot of mistakes on offense,and made a lot of turnovers...

Nasty game.Don't expect next week's to be any better.KC will destroy Oakland.

I saw that game!I ain't never seen nothing like that in my life....well,maybe once...

but I was surprised to see the Colts make that comeback.Its too bad they lost last weekend.Peyton Manning is one of my top 3 favorite active quarterbacks (I feel like a traitor,but my own boy Jeff Blake isn't one of those 3 B) ).I still like Blake though,don't get me wrong.I like Manning,Favre,and Vick.