Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Elvis #1 yet again

26 years after he died Elvis has a new #1 hit (Again). I've pasted the article from http://www.elvis.com below. This is yet more proof that The King Lives On and his influence in modern music was so far reaching that he is still having #1 hits.

"Rubberneckin'" #1 for a Second Week 10/1/2003

Update 10/1/03: Rubberneckin' is now two weeks at #1 on the Billboard singles sales chart.

Original Article 9/17/03:

Following is a press release from BMG/RCA:

BMG/RCA RECORDS’ REMIX OF ELVIS PRESLEY’S RUBBERNECKIN’ DEBUTS AT #1 IN THE U.S.

Remixed by Renowned Hitmaker Paul Oakenfold, Single Will be Featured on ELVIS 2ND TO NONE Available on October 7

NEW YORK (September 17, 2003) Following the successful path of last year’s smash No. 1 hit, the JXL remix of Elvis Presley’s A Little Less Conversation, BMG/RCA’s remix of Presley’s Rubberneckin’ has reached the top of the charts as the #1 Soundscan sales single just one week after its September 9 release. This historic accomplishment comes 26 years after the death of the King of Rock ‘n' Roll. The single, remixed by acclaimed DJ and producer Paul Oakenfold, sold nearly double the number two record. The remix will appear on ELVIS 2ND TO NONE, scheduled for release on October 7. This newest compilation will also include the recently discovered and previously unreleased I’m A Roustabout plus five additional Presley #1 singles, fan favorites and career milestones.

“It is no surprise that this new remix of Rubberneckin’ is achieving the same success of last year’s hit A Little Less Conversation and we are thrilled by it,” said Joe DiMuro, Executive Vice President, BMG Strategic Marketing Group. “It is an exciting way to kick off BMG’s 2003 Elvis campaign and is the ideal precursor to the launch of ELVIS 2ND TO NONE.”

Paul Oakenfold is often referred to as the world’s premier DJ and is one of the most respected remixers in the business, having worked with U2, the Rolling Stones, Snoop Dogg, Smashing Pumpkins and Bjork, among others. His musical tastes span a wide range of genres, including soul, jazz and disco. Oakenfold was one of the founders of the acid house scene that swept England in the late '80s and was a leading proponent of hip-hop.

In addition to the Rubberneckin’ single, BMG/RCA has released an accompanying music video -- currently on-air -- to kick off the newest Elvis campaign, culminating in the October 7 release of ELVIS 2ND TO NONE. This newest compilation will be distinctly different, presenting a broader range of Presley’s talents and incorporating multiple musical genres including R & B, rock ‘n' roll, pop, country, dance and rockabilly.

All 30 tracks on ELVIS 2ND TO NONE have been mixed and mastered from the original master tapes for optimum sound quality. This year’s album will include such classics as That’s All Right,, Viva Las Vegas, Blue Suede Shoes, I Want You, I Need You I Love You, Always on My Mind and Don’t Cry Daddy. Plus the recently announced, previously unreleased I’m A Roustabout. Oakenfold’s remix of Rubberneckin’ is sure to be well received among today’s generation of music fans and further demonstrates the legacy of Presley’s music.

BMG is the global music division of Bertelsmann AG, one of the world's leading media companies. BMG owns more than 200 record labels in 41 countries including Ariola, Arista Records, J Records, Jive Records, BMG Heritage, RCA Records and RCA Label Group - Nashville. BMG Strategic Marketing Group is a new fully integrated organization for the U.S. that brings together BMG Heritage, BMG Special Products, Strategic Marketing and Direct Response TV as well as key support services including Business Affairs, Finance and Music Licensing. This combined structure of the BMG Strategic Marketing Group offers tremendous benefit to BMG and its businesses by increasing coordination amongst various teams and business units responsible for all levels of exploitation, across product lines and across labels.

For further info visit http://www.elvissecondtonone.com