Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trekspawn

trekspawn's PL

Well it's New Years Eve, and I decided now would be a good time to start my own personal log. Feel free to add any insightful comments. Grab some Romulan Ale and kick back.

Right now I am about 15 minutes from getting out of work, and looking forward to a nice fun New Years with my wife and a few friends. We have some games, food, and drinks planned for ringing in 2009. I know it is cliche to say good riddance to 08, but there were some good things. For me personally, me and wife went to NYC together. I have never been, she had been once before a couple of years ago. I also got to visit the Frank Frazetta Museum in East Stroudsburg, PA. It was very cool to see some of his paintings up close and personal. I even met his wife and grandson, who were very nice. He once did a sketch painting for TV Guide with the originial Star Trek cast, but it never went any further. I am sure it would have been very nice if it was finished though. We also celebrated our first wedding anniversary. I finally started to work on my comic ideas, and continued to improve my drawing and writing skills. I saw an old friend graduate from college, and some other friends finally get married. I also still have a regular day job, so I can't complain there.

So I hope we look back and see a few nice things about 08, and not just the bad, and look forward to 09.

I have been catching up on some reading lately.

I just recently finished 2001 A Space Odyssey, 2010 Odyssey Two, and Planet of the Apes. I really liked the Space Odyssey books, they are an excellent source of science fiction. If you haven't read them and only seen the movies, take some time and read the books. The first book is not very long, and explains a lot of elements from the movie that were hard to understand. Planet of the Apes surprised me by how much different it is from the original movie. There were a lot of aspects from the books that were used in the sequels, but overall very different. It's funny that there have been 6 movies from one short book. I highly recommend all of these books for fans of science fiction if you have not read them. I am about to start my first Star Trek book though. I watched some movies I got for Christmas as well. My wife gave me the Creature from the Black Lagoon set, and I finally watched the first sequesl. A little movie trivia, in Revenge of the Creature, Clint Eastwood has his first on screen movie appearance. Thats all for now. Feel free to comment.

I have decided to go back to school, and get a second bachelors degree. I have been thinking of using my degree and taking the certification test, but I think it will be better if I actually study a subject I want to teach and get an education degree. I am looking forward to this, and I am planning on going back in the fall of this year. So I have some time to get ready and prepare myself.