Sign in to follow this  
cptwright

photography

anyone here a photogropher or know about it? i love taking pictures, and i love nature. i finally got an older 35mm camera from a family member, a canon ae-1, that has the manual fstops, and such, now i want to know about taking night shots, such as a full moon, and things of that nature, i love a beautiful clear starry night, and love pictures of such things, also pictures of thunderstorms you see around are so amazing, i want to be able to take these shots and have them come out. i have another 35mm camera but its a automatic one, when i got it from a friend i didnt know about such things, and with this you cant set the fstops or anything so the pictures i took of the full moon make the moon look light a light bulb glaring in the picture. so my question to any of you who know about it, is what kind of settings, and shutter speeds, and film speeds do i need to take good night shots? any help would be appreciated thank you very much. :P

oh yeah i also enjoy taking sunrise, sunset photos and nice day photos, so what about those too, shutter and film speed, and fstop setting? thanks again in advance for any help. BTW i use 800 speed a lot. but in my automatic camera i knnoticed a lot blur in many of my pics.

OH COME ON NOW you mean to say no one here can help me. oh well i guess i've gotta go get myself a copy of photogrophy for idiots.

One suggestion that I have is to use 800 speed film.

78060[/snapback]

Today I went to Deans photo (our K-Mart removed the photoshop :dude: ) getting a roll of film (800 speed) devolved and the sales person recommended I get 400 speed film from now on because it's better in a wider range of lighting conditions; 800 and brightly lit scenes (daylight) don't go together well she said.