Sign in to follow this  
subcommanderbeavis

Are we running out of Trek topics to discuss?

This past week I have visited the various Star Trek series forums on a daily basis and have not seen many new topics posted,or ones that i cared to contribute too.While I have noticed a jump in the amount of posts in off-topic and risa.Are we running out of Trek topics to discuss?I tried hard to think of something to post as topics in each Trek series forum,but could not think of something that had not already been posted. :P

I think there is plenty to talk about related to Enterprise, since it is currently running, and there are new episodes to talk about.

Although I do not always have a new idea, nor have ever started a thread, I think there are enough people on this site with ideas and questions focused on Star Trek to keep the discussions varied and interesing.

It seems to go in cycles. There won't be very many new topics for awhile, then it will pick up again. VBG could give you stats on exactly how many new Trek topics there has been recently. You can always go dig up an old topic and start posting on it again, that sometimes stirs up some new responses.

I have noticed that there have been not many new topics posted,there has been in Enterprise but that is prob because it's currently being aired,but they have been about season 3 and I am currently watching season 2 over here (England).

Also there have been alot of Faces,LOL and short words posted and to me that is just giving your post count a good lift,and not replying in sentences.

One thing you can do to spark discussion is to review an episode of a specific series and post it. Tell about the episode and your impressions. If you want to see how we've done it in the past go into the Announcements board and look at some of the Episode Spotlights.