Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

TNG Movies

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with this media view that the TNG movies were bad. Ok they were not a good as the trilogy of II - IV or Star Trek 6 but they weren't bad by any means.

First Contact was easily the best of the bunch and up there with Wrath of Khan for action, an excellent film. Insurrection wasn't bad either, yes it was slightly weak in plot but the essentials were there with some nice scenes.

Generations wasn't great, an overblown tv double parter and a bit unnecessary killing Kirk and destroying the Enterprise, but Nemesis was worse. Nemesis seemed a film that was never completed, the editing was poor with scene cuts feeling jarred. But at least they were all better than Final Frontier!

The TNG movies weren't all bad. First Contact was good. It had the potential to be great but fell a bit short. Generations was good but killing Kirk with such a stupid death ruined it for me. Insurrection is the most horrible Trek movie ever made. Nemesis was ok, not great...just ok.

I agree, First Contact is actually my favorite Trek film, Insurrection was also very good (a bit weak but still good), Generations was pretty good except for killing Kirk and Nemesis was okay the whole thing with young Picard being bald and other details like that just really get on my nerves.

I'm pretty much in the same boat, I really like First Contact as well, I've always liked the idea of Zefram Cochrane. However, Nemesis didn't do it for me either. Basically the details weren't planned out very well. It was a nice Janeway cameo though.