Sign in to follow this  
master_q

The Best of TV - The Classics

There are some good shows on now, but sometimes I feel that you can't beat the classics.

Once in a while I enjoy watching "I Love Lucy," "The Three Stooges," and others.

I think they have good humor and it's not all sex. That's really all we see these days (of course there are some exceptions). To me it is major turn off if I see show by show all about the same junk.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I could not agree more. If I take one genre to look at, and seeing as this is a Trek site I will go with sci-fi, I would say that the majority of modern sci-fi is full of effects with no substance (Enterprise excluded). When I have occasionally seen an episode of Farscape or even a popular show like Buffy (which is more fantasy) I would much rather sit down with an episode of such shows as Doctor Who, for its classic sci-fi feel, or The Twilight Zone for its superior script and political commentry.

Another genre that I find lacking is comedy, especially recent British productions, and it makes me sit and wonder why they can't make them like Fault Towers. :saintdevil:

I don't watch any of the tv shows on now-a-days(well,I lied,I occasionally watch Drew Carey,and of course,the Trek shows).I have tons of VHS recordings of my favorite shows,and I watch them quite often.I watch Bonanza,Gunsmoke,Little House on The Prairie,Gene Autry,Roy Rogers,I even have a lot of Hopalong Cassidy and Tom Mix videos.I watch the Waltons,The Andy Griffith Show,Mayberry RFD,the Beverly Hillbillies,others.They just don't make great shows like those anymore :unsure: (not that I was alive when they were popular on tv,or old enough to be aware of them).

I have most of the old Night Gallery,Outer Limits,and Twilight Zones on VHS(and dozens of Trek VHS that I no longer watch as often,since I'm switching over to the DVDs). :thumbs:

I used to have all of the old "In Search Of's" of video (with Leonard Nimoy),but a former girlfriend knew I loved them,and barbecued them after we had an argument.You could say I was a man capable of murder that night :saintdevil:

lately, I've been seeing some really cool, early episodes of Bewitched. A movie is in the yours you know; Nicole Kidman as a Sam and Will Ferrel (SP?) has been approached to do Derwood. :lol:

lately, I've been seeing some really cool, early episodes of Bewitched. A movie is in the yours you know; Nicole Kidman as a Sam and Will Ferrel (SP?) has been approached to do Derwood. :P

Oh god! I can't ever imagine it being as good as the original.

Mind you they said that about TNG!!! :lol:

But seriously though I can not see it working as the characters have become somewhat iconic for the actors who payed the parts.

Of the older sitcoms, I am partial to "The Honeymooners". It had a simplicity that is refreshing in this day.

The Red Skelton Show was a great classic show from the old days,he was truly one of the funnest men on television.

Ditto. I also enjoyed "Bonanza", and occasionally watch a rerun on the Hallmark Channel.

:o :o