Sign in to follow this  
mr_tinkles

Fantasy Hockey

Okay.A few minutes ago,I checked out my fantasy sports teams and noticed that my hockey team has finally been drafted.Now,I am a huge baseball,basketball,and football fan.I know nothing about the NHL or hockey,despite repeated attempts by TrekkieBabe to educate me on the subject.This will be my 1st season participating in fantasy hockey.Here is my team.

(starters)

Jason Allison (C-Los Angeles)

Mark Messier (C-New York)

Marco Sturm (LW-San Jose)

Dave Andreychuk (LW-Tampa Bay)

Martin St.Louis (RW-Tampa Bay)

Viktor Koslov (RW-Florida)

Barret Jackman (D-St.Louis)

Scott Niedermayer (D-New Jersey)

Brian Leetch (D-New York Rangers)

Darian Hatcher (D-Detroit)

(goaltenders)

Manny Legace (Detroit)

David Aebischer (Colorado)

(bench)

Roman Cachmanek (G-Los Angeles)

Theo Fleury (RW-Chicago)

Steve Yzerman (C-Detroit)

Adam Oates (C-Anaheim)

For the more experienced hockey fans here,does this look like a good team?I recognize a few names like Messier and Yzerman,but not the others.Let me know if I should trade somebody and pick up somebody else.My little brother,who is an Anaheim Ducks fan says this team looks pretty good. :lol:

Not a bad team. Defense is fairly solid, forwards could be slightly stronger but all in all a decent set: Allison can put the puck in the net as well as St. Louis, Messier and Andreychuk are older but still two fine veteran hockey players, Sturm and Kozlov aren't great but solid enough. Goaltending, could be stronger Legace is a great back-up but may not see a whole lot of action especially if Detroit has difficulty moving Joseph, Aebischer is a little unproven but has learned from the best and will have a strong enough team around him that his weaknesses may not be as exposed. Your reserves are a little suspect. Ditch Fleury, he's had too many problems and isn't even in the league. Oates is good but is unsigned as of today so he doesn't help you if you lose someone, but he'll probably be signed by the season's start if not it may be necessary to lose him. Yzerman's great, keep him. Cechmanek, can put up good numbers but can be downright awful, personally I'd lose him but give him a shot, if he falters get a new starting goalie and make Aebischer a reserve. Overall I'd give that team a B, solid Defense, a presentable and likeable core of forwards, goaltenders are okay but could be better, reserves may not offer much help. Good luck.

Edited by Jack_Bauer

Okay.I just added Jay Bouwmeester and Darren McCarty to my team,dropping Fleury and Oates.

Another team in my league has Martin Brodeur (G-NJ),and is willing to trade for Cachmanek.I think I'll go for it.

It was funny.As soon as I called up my fantasy team,Gary Glitter's "Rock and Roll,Part 2" started playing on my radio.My brother was awestruck and is convinced that for whatever reasons,that that was an omen that bids well for my team. :assimilated:

great moves! Brodeur is the best goalie in the league and if you can get him for Cechmanek take him and don't look back. Bouwmeester is a good young player and should serve your team well, McCarty is a tough player who has had some recent alcohol problems but keep him, he's a role player for the Red Wings. I'd say your team is up to about an A. Much stronger goaltending, better reserves, same great defense, and the likeable and dependable set of forwards. Nice job!

I take it you joined a "newbie" league for first year fantasy hockey coaches?I can't imagine anybody that actually knows hockey trading Brodeur for Cachemanek!Man,you got one over on that other guy. :P

Your team looks a far sight better than mine.I have 8 teams registered,and none look as solid as yours.Good luck.